• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crap bowling spells thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair to have a bowlers' equivalent, isn't it?

Chameera's remarkable 2-0-29-0 last night is a worthy inclusion.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah. I mentioned last night it was the worst spell I'd seen in a wee while. Kid looked like he was grabbed from the village and dropped into an international game.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I think Southee against Australia at Eden Park deserves a special mention here even though he pulled it back eventually. At the start it looked like he was trying to beat Tuffey's ODI career ending over.

thierry henry

International Coach
I think Southee against Australia at Eden Park deserves a special mention here even though he pulled it back eventually. At the start it looked like he was trying to beat Tuffey's ODI career ending over.
Was going to say this except that he basically bowled 2 good balls and got 2 big wickets which might rule him out. Had a perfect view from the stands and was looking forward to watching Boult/Southee do their thing. Was shocked at Southee appearing to have almost no control whatsoever over where he was putting the thing, coming off the back of the England performance.

halba

International 12th Man
jason holder wins this award. for most crap bowling spells in a tournament

1. vs SAF, goes from 5 overs 1 for 9, to 10 overs for 104.

2. vs NZ, on track for similar. every ball getting hit. length ball rubbish.

Last edited:

Daemon

It's a bit unfortunate how he doesn't show the calmness he does when batting while bowling or captaining. Not good when theres pressure on him maybe.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It's a bit unfortunate how he doesn't show the calmness he does when batting while bowling or captaining. Not good when theres pressure on him maybe.
He's an extremely promising 3rd seamer, lower order batsman and fielder who should be viewed as a future captain. He has been thrown in to a position he is nowhere near ready for and it shows. He used to bowl reasonably well at the death with some nice yorkers but since he became captain he has been pulverised in thoise death overs.

What I will say though is that he is a real man and doesn't shirk his responsibility and hide himself in the middle overs like Sammy used to when he was captain.

OverratedSanity

He's only really been taken apart at the death though, where he doesn't get his lengths right at all. Otherwise I've generally been impressed by his opening spell. His batting is obviously impressive too and he's been coming in 2 spots lower than he should. I think he could be an excellent player if he manages to keep his confidence high despite this horrible captaincy stint.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
What do you mean by this? Genuinely curious.
Ask most WIndies fans about Sammy's captaincy of his own bowling in ODI's. He was a master of bringing himself on when we had the opposition 6 down or when a batsman was just ticking through the middle overs so that he could pad his stats. He never bowled himself in tough situations.

Whereas Holder keeps putting himself in the firing line and is taking responsibility, which I quite like.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Ask most WIndies fans about Sammy's captaincy of his own bowling in ODI's. He was a master of bringing himself on when we had the opposition 6 down or when a batsman was just ticking through the middle overs so that he could pad his stats. He never bowled himself in tough situations.

Whereas Holder keeps putting himself in the firing line and is taking responsibility, which I quite like.
tbf to sammy that's probably because he knows he'll get pumped at the death. He's a stock middle overs bowler.