• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't remember Ponting taking that many screamers, actually. Maybe there just aren't that many compilations of him out there, I dunno. He was more famous for his direct hit runouts.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Alec Stewart did it to Lara in 1998. Seems to be an English keepers only thing. And yet Buttler is angry when he gets Mankaded. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Parthiv is cheeky as they come, imagine sledging Steve Waugh when you are 17 and he is 38 and playing his last game in front of his home crowd. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Not getting any sleep.. Watching the great man. This was his 2nd century and its so striking how often during this knock the commentators keep talking about how we are seeing a great batsman emerge. Same was the case with Tendulkar. I don't think it was the case with either Smith or Kohli though. Interesting how the greats of the 90s generation were so easy to spot, really. :)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
They both were quite young when they burst onto the stage with reputations following them from domestic cricket. Smith and Kohli weren't quite as young and didn't probably have comparable reputation. Although tbf Smith might have got an odd shout for being Shane Warne's legit successor.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah.. just get the feeling it was a lot more common to see youngsters break through in the late 80s and early 90s and basically play at the same level as the seasoned pros. Lara, Sachin amongst batsmen, Wasim with the ball etc. Somehow it seems so much harder in the 2010s.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting. Looks like the colourisation program didn't quite capture the crowd. I'd like to see more of those.

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Don't know how long it's going to last, but am absolutely loving the TriSports Cricket YouTube channel.

It's uploaded a plethora of highlights packages of World Series Cup matches from the early to mid 1980s (usually lasting about 40 minutes), many of which I've never had the chance to see before in any format. And the picture quality is generally excellent. Watching them has certainly helped me get through this no cricket period.

One observation from the matches is how the 1980s Steve Smith threw away his career by going on the rebel tour as he had a lot of talent; at the very least he would've been a fixture in the one-day side if he'd stayed on.

I made this observation in another thread but it bears repeating; it's striking how bad 1980s Australian umpires were at judging run outs. It feels like they get 2-3 wrong every match.
Sadly saw today that it's been deleted. tbh lasted longer than I thought.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His slog sweeps (especially the one at the end of the video) were a bit different from most players. He plays it to balls that are a lot fuller than what people usually bring the sweeps out for.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
'Darren Mordecai', a channel that had footage of about every series with England in it from 1975 to 1987 (as of Tuesday) was taken down yesterday.