• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Server Move - 10th/11th July 2020

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
Question mark test

They’re in the thing. He’s cool and he’s great and also he’s a prick.

Edit: Why are apostrophes fine on some of my posts but not on others. I don’t understand??

James

Cricket Web Owner
Question mark test

They’re in the thing. He’s cool and he’s great and also he’s a prick.

Edit: Why are apostrophes fine on some of my posts but not on others. I don’t understand??
I assume you're using the mobile skin when it's a problem?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I use the 'New Posts' link frequently and it appears to be working inconsistently since server move. Not showing all the threads I have not read, as well as showing threads I have read. I say inconsistent because, for example, when I used it this morning it was fine, but when I checked an hour later gave me the some of same threads I had previously seen but none of the new posts-threads. Almost like a residual memory from previous use of the link?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ok, so I tried to do this and there is no icon like that. It doesn’t work for us peasants, must just only be a moderator thing.

Ps: can I be moderator?
You can report the post and ask a moderator to make any changes to the poll.

These days, we typically approach members directly who we feel would make a good addition to the moderator team.

I use the 'New Posts' link frequently and it appears to be working inconsistently since server move. Not showing all the threads I have not read, as well as showing threads I have read. I say inconsistent because, for example, when I used it this morning it was fine, but when I checked an hour later gave me the some of same threads I had previously seen but none of the new posts-threads. Almost like a residual memory from previous use of the link?
Sorry to hear you're having trouble here Stephen. Due to the outstanding issues, I am prioritising the work to enable PMs which also will result in other benefits as well. One of these will involve fixes to all of the problems raised to date.

Almost feels like Cribb handled the server move tbh
It was a complex move given the nature of the back-end software changes. Given the overall complexity its actually gone far better than what I expected.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I have seen a number of old threads where the punctuation has been replaced with hash symbols and similar. Will find examples.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for that Sledger.

The data is actually fine within the database. It's a display issue with the front-end of vBulletin that is caused by the underlying software upgrade.

After the 2nd England/West Indies Test finishes, I'll be bringing the site down for another probably 6-8 hours to fix it all up.