• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CRISIS POINT reached

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
When I had money I would generally do at least one midweek session after work. It would always be a case where 2 or 3 of us would go and all agree that we were having one or two, then all of a sudden it's half ten and you're eating a kebab
Yeah, has happened to me a few times recently actually, said to a group of mates who were going on a night out "yeah I will come with you to the pub but no further", 1am in the morning rolls round and I'm staggering around the streets as drunk as.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't say I've ever really done much of the ol' spontaneous stuff - almost always know a little while (usually a few days) in advance if I'm going out (\ staying in). Mondays have always been a regular night out with someone or other, just because it's usually pretty good. Saturdays used to be even better until November 2006 but I virtually never do that any more just because it isn't worth it.

I can't think of so much as one occasion where it's been "let's go for a drink or two". I just don't really do that. I drink properly or not at all. And yes, if I'm out, cheese-and-chips pretty much always follows - and almost always at the same place.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't say I've ever really done much of the ol' spontaneous stuff - almost always know a little while (usually a few days) in advance if I'm going out (\ staying in). Mondays have always been a regular night out with someone or other, just because it's usually pretty good. Saturdays used to be even better until November 2006 but I virtually never do that any more just because it isn't worth it.

I can't think of so much as one occasion where it's been "let's go for a drink or two". I just don't really do that. I drink properly or not at all. And yes, if I'm out, cheese-and-chips pretty much always follows - and almost always at the same place.
Is this like the cut off day in 2001 when every cricket pitch in the world got easy and every good bowler died, or does it have some personal significance to you mate?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I was going to note that Gilchrist was past his peak then and this somehow made clubbing for Rich dreadful.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is this like the cut off day in 2001 when every cricket pitch in the world got easy and every good bowler died, or does it have some personal significance to you mate?
As you know nothing of the sort happened, but there was one significant event in November 2006 in Exeter - WBB closed. And that was the only club that had decent music on Saturday nights.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ccccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssss ppppppppppppppppppppppoooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttttttttttt rereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd...........................

cant belieeve thius is 1 of my ma8tessssssssss /......................... am resisting posting about it on faqceboks s i wouldnt want to have that known mhyself wud IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII? no i duwouldn't and if you think im drunk i am but if ous htink im joking im not

will i regret this wen the morning comes? no, not a chance

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
englaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndd hammered australaia hooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa tyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Some guy from Bolton. Corrin on the drink tonight, already received the first text, which also sends out a rather ominous message for "Yid".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh dear.

A bit worrying that he was declaring he was on the drink at 5:30. Not a pretty sign.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Received a call from him a few minutes ago, confessed that he was alreay incredibly drunk and that he thought the night would end in messy fashion. Was hard to work that out though, he and his chums used the words "southern" and "****" every sentence, I didn't gather much more than that, other than the fact that Smitteh was being praised throughout.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hahahahahaha at the fact that he actually rings you to say that sort of thing. Glad he doesn't have my phone number - apart from anything he might well mistake me for a southerner like so many do.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Received a call from him a few minutes ago, confessed that he was alreay incredibly drunk and that he thought the night would end in messy fashion. Was hard to work that out though, he and his chums used the words "southern" and "****" every sentence, I didn't gather much more than that, other than the fact that Smitteh was being praised throughout.
i love you you southern ****

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Southerners are ****s

I'm ****ing drunk

This is the best thread ever