• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**CW Contracts**

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Really pleased to have gotten a Central contract, looking forward to knuckling down this season and churning out some good performances. Well done to everyone else who got contracts too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Season XIII Contracts

With several changes to the CW XI fraternity over recent times, including the retirements of Brendon Goff and Ian Markus, the CWBCC has responded with several new contract offers. Dinu De Silva and Daniel Towns have not been offered new contracts, whilst Alex Crampton, Mike Wilson and Travis Demeza have received primary contracts for the first time. Greg Thomas has been demoted to a secondary contract.

Receiving secondary contracts are James Stedman, Kingsley Clapham and Shan Jasotharan. Jasotharan is the only uncapped player to be contracted this season, earmarking him as a hot prospect for the future.

*Central*
AP Cloete
NS Pickup
T Mamesh
H Mørk jr.
LA Camps jr.
CR Butler
RJ Dauth
DM Kennett
TC Halsey
AP Chaulk
DJ Watt
AJ Crampton
MW Wilson
KJ Gough
TJ Demeza

*Secondary*
KR Clapham
XPA Rose
GM Thomas
S Jasotharan
JE Stedman

Loony BoB

International Captain
EDIT: Post was based on my inability to remember transfers from last season.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yeah, I know. I totally forgot that Halsey wasn't a blue and Stedman wasn't a red for a while there, though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Black (5): AP Cloete, NS Pickup, AP Chaulk, KJ Gough, JE Stedman
Blue (4): T Mamesh, LA Camps jr., AJ Crampton, TJ Demeza
Red (5): H Mørk jr, RJ Dauth, DM Kennett, DJ Watt, KR Clapham
Green (2): TC Halsey, XPA Rose
Colts (4): CR Butler, MW Wilson, GM Thomas, S Jasotharan

The lack of contract for Pete Young the most interesting aspects. Collins, Borcich, Smith and Fuller a tad unlucky to miss out. With Thomas been given a show a faith I guess that his still in some of selectors minds. Also interesting to see Test Cricket still have a greater waiting then ODIs, good to see.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Hey, didn't notice the lack of Young contract. That is a bit odd... more than a bit odd, really, considering one is currently an automatic first team selection while another player has already been dropped just before these were announced and others are just constant backup and haven't been much more for a long time. It's a bit "funny" for a lack of less controversial words.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
WRT to Chaulk being updated to a full contract, do we still get the extra 5 point penalty despite he already having a long term contract. I have no choice to take the extra 5 point penalty, and if I sack one of my contracted players I pay a penalty anyway, is that fair?

Mr Mxyzptlk

WRT to Chaulk being updated to a full contract, do we still get the extra 5 point penalty despite he already having a long term contract. I have no choice to take the extra 5 point penalty, and if I sack one of my contracted players I pay a penalty anyway, is that fair?
Player for player, Cricket Web Black has a very strong squad. And players were signed who, realistically, are amongst the best in the league (ie likely to represent the CW XI in the near future). On a case by case basis, the situation will be considered by the board. However, in this case I don't see an issue at all. CW Black has 13 players signed and signed in with a further 18 points to spend and only six unsigned free agent players (including all sophomores and Armstrong/Rai) at better than a D rating.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The lack of contract for Pete Young the most interesting aspects. Collins, Borcich, Smith and Fuller a tad unlucky to miss out. With Thomas been given a show a faith I guess that his still in some of selectors minds. Also interesting to see Test Cricket still have a greater waiting then ODIs, good to see.
Came down to Young or Jasotharan. Considering that Young's considering retirement, we figured we would give Jaso the contract. If Young decides to stay on past this season, it'll be a different matter.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Hey, didn't notice the lack of Young contract. That is a bit odd... more than a bit odd, really, considering one is currently an automatic first team selection while another player has already been dropped just before these were announced and others are just constant backup and haven't been much more for a long time. It's a bit "funny" for a lack of less controversial words.
Haakon can confirm that I suggested Young for the final secondary contract. And he suggested Jasotharan instead. So it was hardly me serving the interest of CW Blue.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Player for player, Cricket Web Black has a very strong squad. And players were signed who, realistically, are amongst the best in the league (ie likely to represent the CW XI in the near future). On a case by case basis, the situation will be considered by the board. However, in this case I don't see an issue at all. CW Black has 13 players signed and signed in with a further 18 points to spend and only six unsigned free agent players (including all sophomores and Armstrong/Rai) at better than a D rating.
It doesn't bother me that much, at least the board is keeping an eye on these sort of things. If Markus hadn't retired I wouldn't have been as happy, though.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Hmm...A backup contract...I guess I'll take that...

With that, that's 4 Colts, The Colts are really going to push for it now...

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Surprised but stoked to retain a Central Contract!

Well done to all the new blokes who have been included in the primary group :)

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Very pleased to get a central contract and Congrats to everyone else who got one.