• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW XI Test History

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
3rd Test v Aus - CW XI won by 10 wickets
Aus 280 and 248
CW XI 474 and 55/0
Man of the Match: BJ Goff
Man it seems so long ago that win against Australia, that i forgot. I think i hit the winnings runs.:ph34r:

BTW where is the thread with the Test averages?

Liam for the website if possible can we have the captains of all the games so far that the CW XI has played(Tests) And do the same thing with ODI's?

Loony BoB

International Captain
22 test wins...
First 11 wins in 63 tests over 17 series. W-D-L: 11-24-28
Second 11 wins in 17 tests over 5 series. W-D-L: 11-2-4

Home record: 8-4-10
Away record: 14-22-22

Also, do we not follow the ol' whatever-year-plan where we play each nation home and away?

CW with... SA, WI, SL, ENG, PAK: 1 home series, 2 away series.
CW with... AUS: 0 home series, 2 away series
CW with... BAN: 1 home series, 1 away series
CW with... NZ, IND: 1 away series

Attachments

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yeah, it would be nice to get the home series against Aus, India and NZ sorted so we can finally have played every test country both home and away. Should be good :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it would be nice to get the home series against Aus, India and NZ sorted so we can finally have played every test country both home and away. Should be good :)
I noticed that all our intial Test Series were all away. Since then we have played home Test series we have basically followed the FTP.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
22 test wins...
First 11 wins in 63 tests over 17 series. W-D-L: 11-24-28
Second 11 wins in 17 tests over 5 series. W-D-L: 11-2-4

Home record: 8-4-10
Away record: 14-22-22

Also, do we not follow the ol' whatever-year-plan where we play each nation home and away?

CW with... SA, WI, SL, ENG, PAK: 1 home series, 2 away series.
CW with... AUS: 0 home series, 2 away series
CW with... BAN: 1 home series, 1 away series
CW with... NZ, IND: 1 away series
No grounds in CWLand were Test standard until season 7 (ish). Clearly we couldn't follow the n-year-plan then. Since that we've had 6 home and 7 away series, with no repeats.