• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Warner Smashes Wigless Joe Root

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wigless Joe Root was attacked by snatching Australia batsman David Warner in the Walkabout bar in Birmingham.

Free to enjoy themselves with a couple of days off after Saturday's match, Mirror Sport understands that Root had been wearing a wig during an evening's festivities following his side's win over Australia at Edgbaston.

Upset at the sight of Root's flowing fake locks, Warner is said to have grabbed the offending hairpiece from the 22-year-old without asking.

Root is believed to have turned to the shaven haired Aussie batsman and enquired: "What did you do that for?"

At which point Warner is claimed to have hit the young Tyke across the face sending him flying backwards.

Shocked and stunned at the flash of violence onlookers rushed in between the two players before the fracas could escalate.

It is understood that at no point did Root retaliate to Warner's attack and of the three or four other England players on the scene, they did not take the matter further physically.
Joe Root attacked by David Warner in bar fight over WIG - Mirror Online

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
What's an Englishman doing at a Walkabout?
That's what I'm wondering.....wouldn't catch me dead in the ****holes.

Which does make me wonder if some of the English players thought it a good idea to wander into the Aussies venue for the night, which could be considered a provocative move??

ECB have released a statement saying it was totally unprovoked, but I'm still not sure why they would have been there in the first place.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Walkabouts are inexplicably popular in this country, dunno why they're expensive ****-holes.

TNT

Banned
If an English player was brave enough to punch an Australian player he would have wound up in the gutter. Root couldent get back to the ECB fast enough to tell on Warner.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If an English player was brave enough to punch an Australian player he would have wound up in the gutter. Root couldent get back to the ECB fast enough to tell on Warner.
That has got be the biggest pile of **** post I've seen to date on here. If you are not embarrassed for posting it you should be.

TNT

Banned
That has got be the biggest pile of **** post I've seen to date on here. If you are not embarrassed for posting it you should be.
Root was obviously acting the idiot and Warner pulled him into line, deal with it like a man, not go running off to mummy crying.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Root was obviously acting the idiot and Warner pulled him into line, deal with it like a man, not go running off to mummy crying.
WTF

So messing about with a wig is reason to get a punch is it? I am amazed that the nation who saw David Hookes taken for no reason can defend a scumbag like Warner.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Shameful,

Well Joe Root is about to embark on what could well be a very long and hopefully successful career, David Warner may well have played his last game of International cricket..........you deal with that.