• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Decade/Country test draft

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean i think the way drafts usually work itd only be fair if you replaced the Katich pick as that is the one that was an illegal pick

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Have just made a switch of my most recent pick to Saleem Malik - Pakistan - 1980s from what it was

Just a heads up as wanted to make sure it was realised before any other picks after mine were made

JOJOXI

Bit left field but Dave Houghton, 90s, ZIM
Had actually had a little think about him a pick or 2 before - but his poor ODI record (I know we are basing it only on Test performances) and that if you take away his 266 v Sri Lanka and his average drops by about 7 runs made me think against it. Although not sure how good his keeping was - see that he didn't keep in Tests but did a bit in ODIs.

JOJOXI

Yeah, I think Shri has struck gold with his one pick every 24 hours rule
I quite like this system as does somewhat even out the disadvantages if you are last in Round 1 that you get the first pick in Round 2 etc but I guess it is liable to slow days like this in a way that a pick every 24hrs isn't.

Teuton

International Captain
Had actually had a little think about him a pick or 2 before - but his poor ODI record (I know we are basing it only on Test performances) and that if you take away his 266 v Sri Lanka and his average drops by about 7 runs made me think against it. Although not sure how good his keeping was - see that he didn't keep in Tests but did a bit in ODIs.
I'd guess he was a part time keeper. But his batting was good. He was probably 35 by the time Zimbabwe had test status though so the bump to his test average you mentioned is fair compensation.

Teuton

International Captain
I quite like this system as does somewhat even out the disadvantages if you are last in Round 1 that you get the first pick in Round 2 etc but I guess it is liable to slow days like this in a way that a pick every 24hrs isn't.
It works for that case where the player pool is quite even.

JOJOXI

I'd guess he was a part time keeper. But his batting was good. He was probably 35 by the time Zimbabwe had test status though so the bump to his test average you mentioned is fair compensation.
Was my initial thought i.e part-time keeper but noticed he was listed as a wicketkeeper not just an occassional one which I found interesting. Although hadn't noticed quite how old he was when starting Tests although I guess that in part might explain the difference in ODI and Test average too - of course ODIs not quite what they are now but had 9 years finding his game on the international circuit before playing Tests.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Colin Croft WI 1970s

G Greenidge
A Morris
G Pollock
S Tendulkar
-
-
-
W Akram
H Verity