• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Describe your feelings during the last 30 minutes of the 2019 WC Final

cnerd123

likes this
Let's move away from the negativity over the result for a bit, and focus on the emotional rollercoaster we all experienced witnessing the greatest ****ing OD of all time

Like, this is a seminal moment in our whole lives as cricket fans. We'll be telling our kids about this. Grandkids. We'll make inside jokes and references to this game to other cricket fans our age when we get old. Everyone will get it. It's a huge moment.

This thread inspired by Pikey and theegyption sharing reaction videos, as well as listening back to the CW comms

My own feelings in the last 30 overs were basically pure unadulterated glee. I loved every moment of it. Greatest cricketing moment of my life, the most joy I've had watching a game in a long long time, and something I will be revisiting and rewatching in years to come

https://youtu.be/O0Khj7RWeTU

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
I kinda hated it .The stress did me in :).

I am hardcore , I am there at silly o'clock in the morning in the middle of winter for every ball . This was a huge game and I felt England had given it away early. New Zealand had the conditions to do their thang and trouble us .

Lots of people said 40 runs short on the New Zealand innings but I thought 240 was gonna be enough on a tricksy pitch . I was praying for it to flatten out but it wasn't to be . I said it before . If they had any moisture before the ICC cut'n'roll it seemed like the fresh pitch didn't settle right to me . If the England lads can't score they start to look fragile . New Zealand had the run of the conditions .

However we seemed to have the most jammy luck . I bloody hated those 4 bonus runs off Stokes diving bat . When it happened , I was like , 'what the **** , give them back ' :D .Once it came down to superover , I started to feel we were gonna win again. I will go to my grave swearing that Archer didn't bowl a wide :D .

I was in mild shock afterwards , just wandering round in a daze doing chores. I didn't celebrate anywhere as much as the semi-final . Didn't really sink in til the next day .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I felt pride.

The bar I was at was playing both Tennis and Wimbledon. The tennis fans (most of them Chinese) were genuinely excited and engrossed in the cricket towards the end.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was glad that I was watching the greatest game I've seen in any sport. The fact that I watched it while in an airport bar with a handful of Indian and Sri Lankan dudes and was listening to ***** and Howe going ape**** on commentary added a great deal to it too, and I'll never forget it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My Fitbit registered the last hour of the game as active minutes.

Not quite the 25 minute sprint it thought I went on when Connor Jennings scored at Wembley, but not far off

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It wasn't until the overthrows that I really felt like we were ever going to win. Stokes and Buttler rebuilt the innings but to me it always felt like we were struggling to get the required rate down. Then when Buttler was out I was resigned to losing. It just felt like we were always just falling short. Then suddenly one freak incident and we were favourites. I thought Archer bowled a very poor over. Started with a wide and then was just putting the ball down the other end with little skill or variation. It was a strange feeling as it wasn't tense enough for a long time but then suddenly we won.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I was in the foetal position ... but sitting up. Combination of extreme nerves and a cold NZ winter morning.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It wasn't until the overthrows that I really felt like we were ever going to win. Stokes and Buttler rebuilt the innings but to me it always felt like we were struggling to get the required rate down. Then when Buttler was out I was resigned to losing. It just felt like we were always just falling short. Then suddenly one freak incident and we were favourites. I thought Archer bowled a very poor over. Started with a wide and then was just putting the ball down the other end with little skill or variation. It was a strange feeling as it wasn't tense enough for a long time but then suddenly we won.
This is an opinion. Sure the first half was tough but he didn't miss his lengths by a ton. The second half of the over was brilliant under the most extreme of pressure. Certainly a much better over than Boult managed.

You don't need a load of variation in this situation, get your yorker in. And the one time he did mix it up, he nailed it.

add_sauce

Cricket Spectator
England ~40th Over - 'we might just win this'
England ~45th Over - 'I actually think we could win this'
England ~48th Over - 'This may be the best ODI game ever, anyone could win'
England ~49th Over - 'Unfortunate for NZ, but still can't believe they will lose this'
England ~50th Over - 'A Super Over? I now feel NZ will lose this. This completely undermines the efforts from both teams'
End of Super Overs - 'Won because of more boundaries... you have to be joking'

hazsa19

International Regular
I'm with Lillian Thompson, when batting I never truly thought we were going to win until those overthrows. My heart was pounding, I hated alot of it, some of those moments were agonising and ridiculous and eventually brought so much joy for us, heartbreak for many.

Looking back it'll always have a special place in my heart. I turned down the offer from a couple of friends to go and watch with them in a pub, instead I went to watch with my parents, in the same house that I watched so much cricket on C4 way back when. My fondest memory (until Sunday) is of watching all those incredible moments in the 2005 Ashes- running out to the garden to tell my mum we had won the Edgbaston match (she was gardening because she couldn't bare watching), hugging my dad when KP took us to safety. Sunday took me back, one more special memory to share with them. They're older now, but no less able to enjoy the moment, and I will always be grateful to this team for giving us such a moment.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I was fairly relaxed tbh. I had a decent hedge in that whilst I was an England fan, I'd also had a little bet on NZ to win the tournament at 11-1 a few months ago.

At the end of the 50 overs with the tied game honestly I would have been happy if the teams shared the cup. It's a 50 over game, so why are you playing an extra over. A tie should be a legitimate result.

After winning it felt a little hollow given the Stokes otherthrows incident. NZ on the day probably deserved to win. NZ players are a nice bunch and I've always been treated brilliantly when visiting NZ so I certainly wouldn't have begrudged them the win (unlike some teams).

Having said that after 24 hours or so with all the moaning and complaining from other nations fans (most kiwis took it very graciously to their credit) I was much happier. **** it we probably weren't the best team on the day but we won the tournament and that's all that most people will remember in the future.