• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Describe your feelings during the last 30 minutes of the 2019 WC Final

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
There’s always a couple of players not singing the anthem, same in footy where there’s very little debate to be had RE nationality.
Does Morgan sing the anthem?

I know Rashid doesn't.

It's about time England had it's own national anthem anyway. Any suggestions?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Jerusalem works just fine in tests, and it has the advantage of actually being about something

If not, Tubthumping

Spark

Global Moderator
Jerusalem also has the significant benefit of actually being a good song too, which is a massive upgrade on the vast majority of national anthems, most of which would be much too embarrassing to actually sing in public otherwise.

My thoughts on anthems are well-established though

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
I 'think' England have this unique thing of being the only (maybe some knows more) country that doesn't have it's own national anthem.

Like for example, when England play Scotland ...the Scots sure aren't using God Save The Queen!....nor the Welsh (in say football and rugby vs England).