• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you still think group 2 (super 8s) was the strongest group?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
India the best team in the tournament. All other teams have lost more than one game. :cool2:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think humble pie would not be enjoyable and sweet - since you are being humble when you are eating it - so I would say something mundane like shepherds pie would be more like it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You've obviously never been to the North of England, even though obviously they're not called fries there.....
I have, great part of the world.
Well, clearly you haven't been then. It's dragging the rest of the country down. :ph34r:

&, ftr, the idea of "humble pie" comes from the pie the servants were given to eat after their masters had had first dibs so was made from the less choice cuts of meat including the entrails, archaically know as the "umbles".

So it'd be savoury, I guess.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, clearly you haven't been then. It's dragging the rest of the country down. :ph34r:

&, ftr, the idea of "humble pie" comes from the pie the servants were given to eat after their masters had had first dibs so was made from the less choice cuts of meat including the entrails, archaically know as the "umbles".

So it'd be savoury, I guess.
MMMMM entrails