• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you use the Ignore feature?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Never seen the point in it. No matter how annoying you find another poster it’s surely just as easy to not read their posts without physically hiding them.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Considering I am the most obnoxious poster on the site myself, I have never felt the need.

OverratedSanity

I find it much easier to actually ignore posters I dont like than using the useless ignore feature.

Th former, you just chuckle to yourself, scroll down and like posts calling the poster a ****. The latter has you trying to ignore : THIS MESSAGE IS HIDDEN BECAUSE blocky X IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST

and all the idiots quoting him.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel like I may have done it a couple of times and then forgotten. But then if a post is offensive enough the poster get banned anyway so...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If it worked like Twitter where they just disappear when you ignored them then I would but as OS says above it's an awful system so I don't bother.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I just scroll past all the **** posters.

It means I read posts from myself, dyce, fredfertang and DingDong. Good forum.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It can only be used on someone you can actually ignore. The more prolific they are the more useless it is. Works fine for Francis.

Daemon

I love hate reading ****** posts so no, have never attempted to ignore anyone.

cnerd123

likes this
I tried to use it, but you can see the blocked posts in quotes anyways so what's the point. Useless feature.