• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

End-of-season Friendlies - Availability Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
The following sides are confirmed for the Batting XI vs Bowling XI 5-day game. Mamesh, Cloete and Malone all missed out due to unavailability for confirmation - Bowen and Morris have been brought in. For captains, the positions are open to Smith and Demeza, CW Black and Blue captains respectively.

Batting XI
RF Bowen (Blue) - confirmed
RJ Dauth (Red) - confirmed
BC Fitzsimmons (Colts) - confirmed
AJ Garven (Green) - confirmed
JR Gray (Red) - confirmed
DA Kearsley (Red) - confirmed
WA Kerr (Colts) - confirmed
SC Morris (Blue) - confirmed
DP Smith (Black) - confirmed, captain
DP Towns (Colts) - confirmed
S Young (Blue) - confirmed

Bowling XI
MU Amir (Red) - confirmed
M Corrin (Green) - confirmed
HT Davis (Black) - confirmed
TJ Demeza (Blue) - confirmed, captain
BC Donald (Black) - confirmed
DM Kennett (Red) - confirmed
S Popat (Blue) - confirmed
DP Richards (Black) - confirmed
GM Thomas (Colts) - confirmed
TV Weber (Colts) - confirmed
MP West (Red) - confirmed

OD Batting/Bowling XI's to be looked into.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Has Wilson confirmed availability? Would have him in the bowling XI as someone who can hold a bat alongside Dav.

NZTailender

It's the top eleven bowlers of the season, not the eleven most likely to win ;) Gotta earn the right to be in there.
Tbf, in the past all-rounders have been included in the bowling XI despite not being in the top eleven, in the interests of someone being able to past 20.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Tbf, in the past all-rounders have been included in the bowling XI despite not being in the top eleven, in the interests of someone being able to past 20.
Allrounders get there on merit - they might not take the most wickets but things such as bowling average, strike rate, BBI etc. are taken into account.

Otherwise having selected almost every Batting XI / Bowling XI (Jamee did two, I think), I've never considered bowling skill for the Batting XI or vice versa. Would ruin the fun, I prefer having eleven guys who can't bowl against eleven who can't bat ;)

NZTailender

Allrounders get there on merit - they might not take the most wickets but things such as bowling average, strike rate, BBI etc. are taken into account.

Otherwise having selected almost every Batting XI / Bowling XI (Jamee did two, I think), I've never considered bowling skill for the Batting XI or vice versa. Would ruin the fun, I prefer having eleven guys who can't bowl against eleven who can't bat ;)
No offence to Davis but he only played 5 matches, while Wilson has a better average than most mentioned in the XI, and more wickets than West.

Worth slotting him in imo.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
**** up Thomas, you've got plenty who can bat. Dav, Tarick, Corrin and Donald all have FC centuries! Sudeep can bat as well.

Compared to our bowling talent, you can jam it. Me and Kears will be taking the new ball ffs.

NZTailender

**** up Thomas, you've got plenty who can bat. Dav, Tarick, Corrin and Donald all have FC centuries! Sudeep can bat as well.

Compared to our bowling talent, you can jam it. Me and Kears will be taking the new ball ffs.
gagf. The batting isn't as good as it appears.

Donald and Richards I'll give you. Donald is a genuine all-rounder while imo Richards is definitely more of a bowling all-rounder.

Weber hasn't scored an FC century and before this season where he averaged 30 his career average was 19.

Corrin scores 1 big score in a blue moon and **** all else. About as reliable as something that isn't reliable because I cbf thinking up an analogy or whatever the **** they're called.

Edit: Probably should've checked first but are these games based on season averages or career? Season, yeah we'll be fine. Career iffy imo.

Edit #2: Also initially thought the batting side could do with one of the all-rounders, and that one of the bats would say something. I guess I'm the only whinger :p

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
I guess I'm the only whinger :p
No need to worry there, i'll whinge aswell. I've played for both batting & bowling XI's in the past, but despite it not being my greatest season I still finished 5th in wickets & 7th in averages amongst devers who took more than 50 wickets, then was duly snubbed in the name of charity...

Last edited: