• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

End-of-season Friendlies - Availability Thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Tarick may not have that good a record, but with the bowlers he'll be facing I'd back him to make runs. Fact of the matter is that we've got to face the 11 best bowlers in the comp (10 'cause one keeps) whereas you've got to face a group of the 10 worst bowlers in the comp. Whilst your batting isn't great, you have at least 4 or 5 options who I'd back to make quality runs against our unit.

Pushing for more all-rounders is ****ing ridiculous on your part AFAIC. If anything, we should get Dav.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Pushing for more all-rounders is ****ing ridiculous on your part AFAIC. If anything, we should get Dav.
I'm pushing for one more person who will at least make it interesting, as I'm not entirely confident that we'll be that flash even against mediocre bowling. Donald and Richards will be, and Tarick should make some runs, but after that we'll probably fold quickly with Kennett not out 5 off a 100.

Sure, you have to face the 11 best bowlers, but your job IS to face the best bowlers in the league anyway, and it's not like we'll skittle you for under 50. Christ, Demeza, myself and Amir will probably go for 50 in our opening spells.

And I agree, you should get Dav - or Wilson. Actually, have Corrin. :ph34r:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Actually, will let this rest. Part of the reason why I brought this up is because I thought last seasons bowling XI had more bat-capable people. Turns out I'm wrong :cool:

Loony BoB

International Captain
For bowlers out there seeking inspiration, you have scored the following totals beforehand...

474ao, in an innings victory.
374ao, in a 91 run loss.
313ao, although in this game you only managed to get 4 batsmen out - road.
333ao and 191/5, at which point the game was won.

Batsmen have won five to the bowler's two, but either side is capable of winning. It might not be an FC game, but Weber has indeed scored a century - against the Batting XI. :)

I'd say that the Bowling XI tend to do better not so much when they have good batsmen but rather when the Batting XI lack bowlers. The Batting XI have won with an innings to spare three times - when they had the likes of Cunningham, Fuller, Markus and Cloete, all of which had over 50 FC wickets at the start of this season.

Total wickets taken by this season's Batting XI in FC games: 60 (Smith 26, Garven 20, Kearsley 15, Gray 2, Dauth 2).

It's all for fun, though, so it's cool.

If you're interested in previous sides and results, check out the attached. :D

Attachments

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Corrin scores 1 big score in a blue moon and **** all else. About as reliable as something that isn't reliable because I cbf thinking up an analogy or whatever the **** they're called.

Edit: Probably should've checked first but are these games based on season averages or career? Season, yeah we'll be fine. Career iffy imo.
Been getting better with the bat, not setting the world on fire but averaged steady enough, and only scored one ton which means my average isn't too heavily weighted, think I finished with about 30, not bad seems as I spent the season batting at 7 & 8

I'm pushing for one more person who will at least make it interesting, as I'm not entirely confident that we'll be that flash even against mediocre bowling. Donald and Richards will be, and Tarick should make some runs, but after that we'll probably fold quickly with Kennett not out 5 off a 100.

Sure, you have to face the 11 best bowlers, but your job IS to face the best bowlers in the league anyway, and it's not like we'll skittle you for under 50. Christ, Demeza, myself and Amir will probably go for 50 in our opening spells.

And I agree, you should get Dav - or Wilson. Actually, have Corrin. :ph34r:
It's like when mum and Dad split up all over again :cry: