• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England disintegrating like in 2013-14 Ashes - Johnson

adub

International Captain
The laugh value when Starc despite bowling his usual amount of 4 balls ends up with about 21 wickets at 18 when Australia go over to Yarpiland and win their standard 2-1 series with Philander being unable to break through our top order except for one lollapse in the Test SA wins.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well let's face it, Starc isn't horribly obese and has a track record of not fleeing from flat tracks.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
The laugh value when Starc despite bowling his usual amount of 4 balls ends up with about 21 wickets at 18 when Australia go over to Yarpiland and win their standard 2-1 series with Philander being unable to break through our top order except for one lollapse in the Test SA wins.
Oh sure, man. You guys were singing the same old song before the 2016/17 series too. Did Starc take " 21 wickets at 18" against a lineup with an out of form Amla and no De Villiers? Also remember the hilarious predictions of how Philander would be smashed out of the series by rampant OZ batsmen and the tedious hilarmeme about how he would sit out a match, because "lolololol, Philander is a big ol fatty who can't bowl in flat tracks lol"? I see that the tired old meme is still being deployed by OZ posters, including the one above me with the usual artfulness and grace.

You'd think that after Philander became "Man of the Series" after all that premature crowing, you guys would learn to take an L, but nope, no lessons learned.

Gob

International Coach
Man I can't believe stephen and adub think Starc is better than Philander
Vern is the better bowler over all as the record indicates but that doesn't mean he should be picked ahead of Starc in all circumstances. I mean do you really want the big Vern bowling right now at the WACA assuming that he doesn't pull his hammy before the toss ( would prob go for non for 150 in the second dig now that i said it). Starc bashing has almost reached the Shaun Marsh level here i think
Tec15 is Beevers but with less humour.
Value of the scroll button has never been greater with Tec15 posts

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys! England are busy disintegrating right before our eyes and the thread dedicated to discussing it is distracted with side shows.

Come on! Start a Philander v. Starc thread and take your chatter there :ranting:

Woodster

International Captain
Guys! England are busy disintegrating right before our eyes and the thread dedicated to discussing it is distracted with side shows.

Come on! Start a Philander v. Starc thread and take your chatter there :ranting:
Why are England disintegrating?? This series was always going to go this way?? This is no surprise.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Man I can't believe daemon believes stephen adub and gob think Starc is better than Philander

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Let me posit an idea here as a way of getting this thread drifting back to the OP. What if the itinerary for an Ashes your in England looks something like this.

First test at Headingley, on a green top to snatch the early lead. Second test at Old Trafford, with a classic Old Trafford wicket, to give the semblance of Australia having a shot, but still favoring the home team, then the third test at Edgbaston where again you lay on a green top that massively favours England. Fourth and fifth tests at Oval and then 'climax' at Lords.

Would we be talking about Australian disintegration every time they went to England? Just a thought experiment that came to me as I reflect on this series result.