• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

england have scarred Australia

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
As I mentioned on the podcast, the trajectory of this tour and Bayliss’ public comments feel like Mickey Arthur on the 2013 India tour. It feels like he’s lost control of the side and if results don’t turn around on the rest of this tour (including the ODIs/T20s) I reckon he’s gone.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
As I mentioned on the podcast, the trajectory of this tour and Bayliss’ public comments feel like Mickey Arthur on the 2013 India tour. It feels like he’s lost control of the side and if results don’t turn around on the rest of this tour (including the ODIs/T20s) I reckon he’s gone.
Yep. There's some disunity there, so it seems.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely it can’t be as bad as having to formally apologise to bowlers for midfields after a day’s play like in 13/14? Especially to Broad, I mean his effort in the field is terrible unless it’s off his own bowling.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I'd normally agree, and would certainly welcome Bayliss's dismissal, but the problem with this is Strauss is besotted with white-ball rubbish and that was the role Bayliss was primarily brought-in for, and in Bayliss's defence there have been vast improvements in the one-day teams. Perhaps the best solution would be to maintain him for the coloured pyjamas and get rid of him for proper cricket.

Chris Silverwood?

(If it was me I'd get rid of the entire horrid ECB hierarchy of Strauss, Harrison, Clarke and Graves and all their rubbish ideas. Restore the championship to its primacy. Ditch this stupid Twenty20 franchise idea. Get test cricket back on terrestrial - all this is space invaders stuff though.)

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
If they’d won the Champions Trophy he’d be a lot safer but that semi-final loss really hurt because after an ethos (and a fair bit of success) of playing ODI with total aggression to basically go into their shells in that match and get beaten badly when strong favourites was pretty damning.

S.Kennedy

I couldn't give two ****s about the one-day stuff to be honest. I'd rather be completely **** at limited overs cricket and have a test team functioning somewhere near the level that England were functioning c.2009 - 2012.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
George Dobell writing endless articles/tweets about how the England side are all good fine upstanding lads and this is all overblown after every incident is definitely the best thing to come out of these off-field sagas.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, they're all heroes. Especially Ben Stokes and his fist of emancipation.

S.Kennedy

It is true though. Every word of Dobell's article is true. Cook, M. Wood (teetotal), M. Ali (teetotal/deeply religious) and a few others like Woakes are some of the cleanest cut English cricketers to have ever been on an Ashes tour, and the Australians are adopting a sort of faux attitude of holier than thou righteousness which is hypocritical considering the notorious reprobates who've dominated Australian cricket, from Miller, Lillee-Marsh, Boon and his 52 cans to Pointing, Symonds, O' Keefe and Warner.

TNT

Banned
It is true though. Every word of Dobell's article is true. Cook, M. Wood (teetotal), M. Ali (teetotal/deeply religious) and a few others like Woakes are some of the cleanest cut English cricketers to have ever been on an Ashes tour, and the Australians are adopting a sort of faux attitude of holier than thou righteousness which is hypocritical considering the notorious reprobates who've dominated Australian cricket, from Miller, Lillee-Marsh, Boon and his 52 cans to Pointing, Symonds, O' Keefe and Warner.
We would never do that, you have mixed us up with those uncouth NZeders across the ditch.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Jesus I hope you're not serious because if you are this comes across as the most pissy thing I've ever read.

TheJediBrah

You need to stop with this whinging. No one is doing this. It's not even a remotely Australian thing to do. Get your head out of your ass.

S.Kennedy

''Whinging''? Is this the most silly criticism of England ever? It is also completely hypocritical as everywhere you look you see an Australian ''whinging'' haha. You yourself are whinging about my supposed ''whinging''.

TheJediBrah

''Whinging''? Is this the most silly criticism of England ever? It is also completely hypocritical as everywhere you look you see an Australian ''whinging'' haha. You yourself are whinging about my supposed ''whinging''.
What are you on about now? I'm not talking about "England". I'm talking about you and your constant complaining about imaginary Australian elitism.

You're the one making this into some kind of "us v them" issue.

TNT

Banned
hahaha just worked out who you are.

S.Kennedy

What are you on about now? I'm not talking about "England". I'm talking about you and your constant complaining about imaginary Australian elitism.

You're the one making this into some kind of "us v them" issue.
Stop whinging about whinging.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think today's play proves that Bayliss was correct. The Aussies are on the ropes now. They'll be relieved to only lose 3-2 when all is said and done.