• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

englands luck could be in

cbuts

International Debutant
On the back of a successful Test year, England's one-day team are coming into their own – they routed India in the NatWest Challenge in early September, and brushed aside their opposition in the pool stages of the Champions Trophy - and they may have timed their peak to perfection. But to end their miserable record of 14 consecutive losses against a buoyant Australia, a run which started way back in January 1999, Vaughan must look to his allrounders Andrew Flintoff and Paul Collingwood, in particular, to continue to produce the goods.

hahaha has anyone read this article on cricinfo?
to say ur inform because u beat india and sri lanka at home shows a complete ignoriance of the game. apart from teams such as bangladesh and zimbabwe, india would be the easiest team to play at home (in enlgnad, kiwi and aussie conditions)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'd be well-advised to link to the article instead of simply copying out a paragraph from it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
cricinfo said:
But the sheer depth of quality in the Australian side means that the slightest slip-up will invite disaster.
Doesn't that suggest that she recognises the talent of the Aussie side? And that England have to play up to their best to beat them (just like everybody)

Although not completely balanced, she's seeing the possibilities that are there. And besides, game isn't lost for England yet...

cbuts

International Debutant
thats not the point i was trying to make. so much englsih media is rating their odi team, but they are yet to beat a creditable side.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cbuts said:
thats not the point i was trying to make. so much englsih media is rating their odi team, but they are yet to beat a creditable side.
Does that explain why you are now whining in two threads instead of just the one? And which English medium are you referring to? I haven't perceived a deal of hype - plenty of realism. But then again, I'm over here - and you're over there (thank goodness)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Oh ye of short memories...NatWest last year? Seem to remember that the same England team absolutely mauled South Africa at ODIs, then.

cbuts

International Debutant
your point? south africa havent been a force for a while now, one could say that was the start of their fall from grace

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cbuts said:
i hope no one has ever made up an article like that. if they have they seriously need a life check

Oh the irony, considering the thread you've just started.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cbuts said:
Who did they just play (and beat) in the Group Stages? World number 2 ranked Sri Lanka I believe.

So if the 2nd team in the world isn't creditable, who is?

cbuts

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Who did they just play (and beat) in the Group Stages? World number 2 ranked Sri Lanka I believe.

So if the 2nd team in the world isn't creditable, who is?
sri lanka in england, new zealanad and aussie have a very small sucesses rate. no matter where they are ranked currently. and well well they proved to be right. englands luck was in. but i do still beleive tht the comment was still permature from cricinfo.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So yet again a good England achievement is being rubbished - I guess that's the story of this summer 8-)

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Its funny how they never bring up how bad England play on the sub-continent when we get beat on lovely sideways turning tracks over there ;) so do they not count for them either then?

cbuts

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
So yet again a good England achievement is being rubbished - I guess that's the story of this summer 8-)
no one in this part of the world is rubbishing any achievemnt, maybe more being weirry of the level of opposition. your no.2 in the test world. it does appear as if england have now got their odi side sorted now to.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So you're now saying

sri lanka in england, new zealanad and aussie have a very small sucesses rate. no matter where they are ranked currently. and well well they proved to be right. englands luck was in. but i do still beleive tht the comment was still permature from cricinfo.
isn't rubbishing England's achievment in beating SL?

What exactly did you mean by "Englands luck was in"?