• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FA Announce First Ever International Fixture

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Wright? Pffft.You should try someone that can actally save the ball even if there's only 2 defenders in front of him, and one of them is Pickup!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
should be interesting, probably a bit to fiery for a spot in this team yet.
Go CW and beat those lads.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dizzy #4 said:
Wright? Pffft.You should try someone that can actally save the ball even if there's only 2 defenders in front of him, and one of them is Pickup!
Ouch :(

Truth hurts.

I'd be very surprised if I were selected.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Mister Wright said:
Ouch :(

Truth hurts.

I'd be very surprised if I were selected.

Well sorry Wright.......

The two I end up with are very good, it's just the Refs have a grudge againest them! I wouldn't be suprised if you were 2nd Keeper!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Dizzy #4 said:
Well sorry Wright.......

The two I end up with are very good, it's just the Refs have a grudge againest them! I wouldn't be suprised if you were 2nd Keeper!
Why are you so confident you will be 1st choice??

Perm

I was wondering the same thing, there should be fierce competition for all spots.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Out of interest. Who are the International team selection committee, and who is the coach that will choose the tactics etc?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I assume the skipper will choose the tactics, with some serious consultation with the senior members of the squad.
correct, as for the selection committee, that is: Steds, myself, and Burkey at this stage.. the captain will be added to the panel when selected after the 1st game..

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I had 2 defenders only, I'd like to see someone conceed less when the Opposion has 4 talented strikers and 2 2XI Defenders in front of him!

Plus 1 was from Penalty and the other was a OG....

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Dizzy #4 said:
I had 2 defenders only, I'd like to see someone conceed less when the Opposion has 4 talented strikers and 2 2XI Defenders in front of him!

Sounds like someone is making excuses ;)

Should be written off for the rest of his career, really ;) All jokes aside, good to see so much passion :)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Dizzy #4 said:

lol dont take it personally mate, just geeing you up :p

Majin

International Debutant
Dizzy #4 said:

DK was playing as a lone striker, I scored against you and my shot stat is 1, so y'know. You're exaggerating quite severely. :p

Johnners

Kennett, Hoy & Goughy have pretty assured themselves of a place in the squad after this weeks games.

The GK position looks like it will be the most difficult to choose at this stage. Any inside news as to when a squad will be announced Blewy ?

andyc

Dizzy #4 said:

Fancy yourself just a little bit then?