• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final : India vs Sri Lanka

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
15-20 runs is massive in this format. Like, absolutely humongous.

I don't understand why criticizing a player for a poor performance which has cost us the trophy means we don't remember his past achievements. That doesn't make him beyond reproach. He deserves the criticism because it really was a poor innings I'm sure even he'd agree. That said, stoning his house is typical pathetic fanatical India and is absolutely disgraceful. Call for him to be dropped if you want and abuse him all you want on social media you idiots.

And i do put more of the blame on Dhoni anyway
The ICC should look at why two of the fastest scoring batsmen in cricket history went at four an over in a T20 final wih loads of wickets in hand.

Burgey

I'll take everyone's collective silence as tacit agreement something fishy went on in the final.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Think you're missing the point. You can say a player played poorly. In the heat of the moment you can call him a ****. But you shouldn't crucify him.

Honestly such a weird response to what he said. What do you want him to say yuvraj has sucked since he had cancer so it's okay to stone his house.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Think you're missing the point. You can say a player played poorly. In the heat of the moment you can call him a ****. But you shouldn't crucify him.

Honestly such a weird response to what he said. What do you want him to say yuvraj has sucked since he had cancer so it's okay to stone his house.
There is no question of stoning anyone's house for anything. Tendulkar did not mention stoning. You are not serious if you think I like anybody's home being attacked. By "crucifying" I assumed he means sacking. That we sure should do as Yuvraj has been poor for a long time.

Something about what I know of Tendulkar tells me that he will never come out and take a stance that a cricketer's career is over. He tends to be equivocal about this matter.

Daemon

I'm pretty sure it's a message to Indian fans asking them to stop hating on him. He did say it was ok to criticize his performance after all.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I'm pretty sure it's a message to Indian fans asking them to stop hating on him. He did say it was ok to criticize his performance after all.
That is true irrespective of whether it is one off day or a lifetime of sucking on cricket field. But if that is what he means, I completely agree with him.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
At any rate, I was more pissed at Dhoni for what happened in the final. He deserves to be criticised more IMO because he knew well enough how Yuvi was going. Daemon even called out that keeping Yuvi on the pitch long enough is the best way for SL to win.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There is no question of stoning anyone's house for anything. Tendulkar did not mention stoning. You are not serious if you think I like anybody's home being attacked. By "crucifying" I assumed he means sacking. That we sure should do as Yuvraj has been poor for a long time.
That was clearly aimed at the fans and not the selectors, am shocked you have misinterpreted this. Fans will listen to Sachin, not Harsha on Twitter, and the fact he actually said something when he usually doesn't obviously shows he felt it was necessary to calm the fanatical dickhead fans down.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That was clearly aimed at the fans and not the selectors, am shocked you have misinterpreted this. Fans will listen to Sachin, not Harsha on Twitter, and the fact he actually said something when he usually doesn't obviously shows he felt it was necessary to calm the fanatical dickhead fans down.
I think I'd agree with you but for a couple of things he said.

".. he will emerge stronger, proving his critics wrong, yet again."

".. nor should he be written off."

These aren't comments just suggesting people should lay off; they're comments suggesting Yuvraj will be back as a player. It's fair to call Tendulkar out on those if you disagree with them.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, what Pews said. I read it twice and thrice. But he is talking about not writing him off and that he will come back stronger which suggests he is saying he has good future with Indian team and should be given more chances. There's a small chance that he will bounce back, but Tendulkar has not offered any explanation why he thinks so. Rather he has appealed to emotions about Yuvi's past performance.

Don't get shocked so easily Jono. We all love our cricketers at the end of the day :)

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think I'd agree with you but for a couple of things he said.

".. he will emerge stronger, proving his critics wrong, yet again."

".. nor should he be written off."

These aren't comments just suggesting people should lay off; they're comments suggesting Yuvraj will be back as a player. It's fair to call Tendulkar out on those if you disagree with them.
That's still aimed at the fans, not the selectors.

He thinks he still has some talent and something to offer. Not sure how that is "weak" from Sachin, as opposed to just disagreeing with him.

The main thing I took issue with in your post anit was the use of the phrase "weak" and "totally expected", as if he's toeing the party line. IMO he's actually doing what he normally DOESN'T do, which is have an opinion.

Last edited: