• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fixtures

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
The start times are so bad for cricket fans in England. Hosted in our country and the only ones who can watch it are the unemployed, pensioners or people whose job enables them to sit and look at their phone all day. Even on weekends proper cricket people are out their playing for their clubs. All I can hope for is 45 minutes of the second innings when I get home from work and even then it has probably been rained off or one team bowled out by then. Should be more 1pm starts or day nighters starting at 3
It's all scheduled to get TV ratings in India.

Australia v NZ is one of the few D/N games and it'll be broadcast at 11:30pm in Australia and 1:30am in NZ. Shocking.

Being in London, I'm catching the occasional 45 minutes or so when I go to the pub for my lunch break, or when I sit in the pavilion on a Saturday after I've been dismissed cheaply.

Sunday is the only days that I can actually sit down and watch a whole innings. A bit poor really.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
It's all scheduled to get TV ratings in India.

Australia v NZ is one of the few D/N games and it'll be broadcast at 11:30pm in Australia and 1:30am in NZ. Shocking.

Being in London, I'm catching the occasional 45 minutes or so when I go to the pub for my lunch break, or when I sit in the pavilion on a Saturday after I've been dismissed cheaply.

Sunday is the only days that I can actually sit down and watch a whole innings. A bit poor really.
Well, cricket sells over here. You can walk into virtually any bar and it'll have a big screen set up with a sizable audience watching the game throughout. Can't argue with good business.

Victor Ian

International Coach
The joys of Australia's small population is that we always get to watch sports events at night time. This is why you never should want your country to host anything.

cnerd123

likes this
Pretty good WC to have 4 teams still in with a shot for 2 semi-final spots this late into the tournament.

A few upsets and the rain have actually helped keep this interesting.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Pretty good WC to have 4 teams still in with a shot for 2 semi-final spots this late into the tournament.

A few upsets and the rain have actually helped keep this interesting.
Actually it's 5 teams in with a shot for 3 semi-final spots. Australia is the only team guaranteed of a spot so far.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So India are likely going to play their semi at Edgbaston again, and may well be against England.

Last edited: