• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m not a huge fan of Wilson. His writing isn’t very good, and he tends to settle on a narrative then cherry pick evidence to support it. He picks such interesting subjects that sometimes the books (or parts of the books) are very good anyway. But I’d definitely steer clear of the one about Guardiola and Mourinho.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I’m not a huge fan of Wilson. His writing isn’t very good, and he tends to settle on a narrative then cherry pick evidence to support it. He picks such interesting subjects that sometimes the books (or parts of the books) are very good anyway. But I’d definitely steer clear of the one about Guardiola and Mourinho.
He's also a massive ****ing ****.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
tbh the Pep/Jose book doesn't interest me anyway, but thanks for the warning. Agree to differ about the quality of his writing, but that's life.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He does flip flop a wee bit. One week he'll write an article about how big transfers don't work, then (seemingly) the next he'll be waxing lyrical about Pep heralding in a new era of Galiticos.

Disagree with Uppers about his prose though, he can turn a phrase IMHO.