• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum Category Move

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A Cribb-Fitzsimmons combo sounds exciting.
I'd like to have a look at the overall requirements and see who can do what before going full steam ahead but I'm definitely interested in being part of the new set up if there is one.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Id be the opposite, I could look at doing reports, stats, draws etc... but I'm not really keen on doing any simming. If there's a person or a few people looking at continuing I could help out in those area's. I think I have a pretty good track record with WCC and all.
To be honest, depending on what the CW members think about me co-running the site, my perspective is pretty much the same as Simon's post, doing the reports and stats and what have you. The only other thing I'd be worried about apart from simming is drafting. Obviously, if the CW members would rather other people carried on with running with it, then I shall just carry on as a player.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Over the weekend I'll try to write up a detailed post of all the job entails and we can have a bit of a discussion about who, if anyone, wants to keep it going.

Simon

Doesn't look like it will happen imo, I'm still willing to have a look at taking over but I feel that a lot of members/players wont come back anyway so it wouldn't be worth it.

readie

State Regular
If Cribb sims even less on his own site because of taking over here I'll ****ing rage.

Be sad to see this die however. its the only reason I log in over here.

readie

State Regular
FWIW here's my 2 Cents. For the comp to be successfully run it needs to stay ssimple at least initially. First priority should be the Dev league. Do that correctly and play games for the CW XI. If this means that theres no more CW A or CW U19 games then it has to happen. I'd also reduce the size of the Grade Comp by only having a grade "match" if players are active and missing out on their Dev League XI they have to ensure they post in a thread or they are left out of the match. Use filler players from real life to make the sides full.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Wouldn't bat an eyelid if everything bar the Dev League was abolished. CWXI for off-season perhaps...

bryce

International Regular
Wow, this terrible news, was hoping the new season of CW XI would entice me to spend a bit more time on CW again.
AWTA, very sad:(
If enough people want to help to get it going again just work towards successfully getting another dev league season underway and if you ever need help with anything just post/email and someone will help out I can imagine that there are alot of people very keen to see a new season get started, I know i'd be willing to do what I can

Simon

The wheels are in motion re taking over CWXI, in the end it's going to come down to numbers. If there is a good ammount of people still interested in playing then it will go ahead, if not there's not a lot of point continuing with two sides.