• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly Hails Australia

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:
No Ponting was by far the best captain of the tournement the way he handeled the whole Zimbabwe situation was just fantstic
What Zimbabwe situation?

I was about to nominate Tikolo, but that layabout Rik beat me to it! ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
What Zimbabwe situation?

I was about to nominate Tikolo, but that layabout Rik beat me to it! ;)
I think he means when the government were trying to stop them go. If we're going to go on that though then I nominate Nasser!

Tikolo impressed me although sometimes I heard his feilds were a bit off especially to Obuya in the last 2 games Kenya played.

Layabout? That coming from a person who resides in my address book as "Lardyarse Robbins" ;)

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Rik said:

Tikolo impressed me although sometimes I heard his feilds were a bit off especially to Obuya in the last 2 games Kenya played.
Those wrong field settings for Obuya in the match against Australia were the work of their vice-capo(probably Ravindu Shah) and not Tikolo as he was off the ground at that point.

V Reddy

International Debutant
aussie_beater said:
Those wrong field settings for Obuya in the match against Australia were the work of their vice-capo(probably Ravindu Shah) and not Tikolo as he was off the ground at that point.
Those were set by Hitesh Modi and not Shah and it was against Australia. Infact they were attacking fields but Obuya bowled too many bad balls for that type of attacking field. The same field was set for Karim and he bowled splendidly.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
Those were set by Hitesh Modi and not Shah and it was against Australia. Infact they were attacking fields but Obuya bowled too many bad balls for that type of attacking field. The same field was set for Karim and he bowled splendidly.
Yeah sorry it was Modi, but also a few of Kenya's fields were dodgy before hand. Who cares, he got them to the Semis, for that he deserves all the praise he can get.

krkode

State Captain
Ponting has his fair share of on-field antics, doesn't he? I remember once he was arguing with the umpire/shouting at him, or was that someone else?

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
krkode said:
Ponting has his fair share of on-field antics, doesn't he? I remember once he was arguing with the umpire/shouting at him, or was that someone else?
And this time he went out of his way to give a mouthful to Cairns in the Aus-NZ match.