• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gilchrist: Why I walked

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
Yes, I got 3 0s in a row when I 1st started playing, 2 LWBs going down leg-side and a catch that bounced. Luckly I was given more chances.
Was there video evidence of your 'LWB' decisions going down leg? :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
No you didn't.

A batsman cannot be given out LWB or any other way if there is no appeal.
You are seriously over-estimating the fairness of Pub-Team cricket...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Could've refused to go, since there was no appeal.
Probably...but I wouldn't have been allowed a pint...I was 14 remember :saint:

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sounds a bit dramatic the subject title...

"Gilchrist...Why I walked" Available at participating bookstores...

"Gilchrist...Why I walked" Coming to a cinema near you...

"Gilchrist...The tragedy" A harrowing tale of the breakdown of aussie gamesmanship....A four part series available now...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Sounds a bit dramatic the subject title...

"Gilchrist...Why I walked" Available at participating bookstores...

"Gilchrist...Why I walked" Coming to a cinema near you...

"Gilchrist...The tragedy" A harrowing tale of the breakdown of aussie gamesmanship....A four part series available now...
:lol: good stuff :)

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I have more respect for the players who walk when they know they're out. A couple of hand-

Brian Lara
Andy Flower
Jonty Rhodes
Shiv Chanderpaul
Adam Gilchrist
Sorry read this post just now. Andy Flower doesn't walk. If you had seen the India and Zim match then you will agree with me. He had nicked a huge inside edge to Dravid off the bowling of Srinath and the ump. gave it not out and he didn't walk. Does Gilchrist walk? I think he did it only one time. I haven't seen him walking before the WC even though he edged it.