• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

cricketboy29

International Regular
I think Demeza's just upset, and he needs to vent his anguish on someone, so....

Methinks the sim doesnt like you either, Hakon:p

Last edited:

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
That's cos Red have been playing four games on the trot.
Yeah. And I think Rob thought becoz I was playing grade, so would he. But thats coz I don't play OD no more.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Prince EWS said:
And yet again I didn't play. Forget me again LB? Lol.
Argh, I can't believe it.

(Sorry. My computer crashed twice during simming and I kept adding you back, but the last time, of course, it didn't work. You're now in and should be forever. :p )

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Grade cricket - final three-day round

Davistow Darters v Garven Island Sharks @ Heathridge Oval

Code:
Davistow:	Garven Island:
Dawlat		+Lezama
+McDonagh	Hanbury
Langley		Shaukhat
Naik		Bowman
Comley		Monaghan
Ehsan		Tariq
Chapman		Gregory
Murdoch		Piper
Kennett		Edmondson
Watt		Bristow
Pradeep		Stuart
Rich Langley and David Comley batted Davistow to safety with patient knocks of 82 and 56 respectively, before the Davistow seam attack picked apart the Sharks. David Kennett took seven for 42 in the first innings, then four in the second, and Davistow won by an innings and 39.

Davistow Darters 264 beat
Garven Island Sharks 132 & 96 (f/o) by an innings and 39 runs

Nixonstown Foxes v Twybridge Titans @ CW Oval

Code:
Nixonstown:	Twybridge:
Prestwidge	Joslin
Fensome		Das
Feeney		+Crampton
Adhikari	Gunn
+Gray		Bokey
Currie		Wilshere
Grierson	Amresh Kumar
Sanjeet		Buttsworth
Gundry		Naidu
Clancroft	White
Edmunds		McNamara
In a tense, potentially title-deciding, encounter at the CW Oval, Nixonstown nearly came back after following on, but eventually they had their last-wicket stands to thank. Rich Edmunds continued his good form with four wickets for Nixonstown in the first innings, but the last partnerships were too stubborn as they converted 189 for 8 to 282 all out. Nixonstown then crashed from 40 for 0 to 53 for 7, as Gray and Currie recorded ducks and McNamara and White sliced through - before Paddy Gundry hit a half-century to take Nixonstown past 150. McNamara claimed six scalps, then three in the second, as Nixonstown followed on - this time their main batsmen did better, as Currie hit 65, but White cleaned up. In reply, the four-prong professional attack nearly bowled out Twybridge - Paddy Gundry ensured they fell from 98 for 6 to 106 for 9, chasing 107. However, Matt Currie strayed down the leg-sid, handing Twybridge the win with a wide. However, Twybridge could not catch Nixonstown in the final game of the season, and Robbham's failings meant that Nixonstown clinched the title.

Twybridge Titans 282 & 107-9 beat
Nixonstown Foxes 177 & 211 (f/o) by one wicket

Stedingham Jets v Pickford Panthers @ Jets Arena

Code:
Stedingham:	Pickford:
Stedman		Richings
+Mamesh		Bhattacharjee
Butler		+Bharanidharan
Prabhakar Rao	Hepworth
Wallis		Jacob
Chaudhari	Benjamin
Deodhar		Chopra
Hogarth		Trafford
JB Buxton	****erill
Bennett		Bhadauria
Loganathan	Roberts
Sean Bennett bowled a typically economical effort in the second innings at the Jets Arena, ending with 40-17-48-6, yet was nearly the scapegoat when batting. The Jets had earned a lead of 55 on first innings, but let away 252 in the second innings as none of the bowlers were as tight as Bennett. Thamba Mamesh hit a blazing 44 in reply, but Stedingham struggled to 120 for 7 when Bhattacharjee and Bhadauria got wickets. Hogarth and Buxton put on 58 for the eighth wicket, but two wickets from Roberts - including Bennett caught behind for 1 - put Pickford on the brink of victory - one wicket to take and 16 runs to play with. However, Loganathan stayed in for a level-headed 7, Hogarth hit an unbeaten 41, and Stedingham won by a solitary wicket.

Pickford Panthers 128 & 252 lost to
Stedingham Jets 183 & 200-9 by one wicket

Edfield Seahawks v Greater Robbham de Grooters @ PDV Dome

Code:
Edfield:	Greater Robbham:
+Mørk		Lucas
Barnaby		Dobson
James		Dauth
Satish Kumar	Robbins
GN Nayak	Sukhvinder
Herbert		Tebbut
Galbraith	Palmer
Banik		Finnegan
Borcich		+Jervis
MS Smith	McKern
Shoveller	Mitchell
With Nixonstown's loss, Robbham had the chance of a league title with enough bonus points and two wins in the 3-day and one-day match-ups with Edfield. Mørk set about thwarting them, however, playing a fine 75 and dominating the attack to a level not seen before this season. With healthy 30s from Nick Borcich and Matt Smith, the tight bowling of Marc Robbins (twelve maidens, three for 50) at Satish Kumar (27 off 235) helped little. Borcich then went wicketless, but Edfield earned plenty of first innings points, as Gaurav Nayak got four for 53 and Smith and Shoveller also took wickets. De Grooters were bowled out three short of the follow-on, and Mørk took the risk of enforcing it - despite 48 from Dauth, Matt Smith snared him and five others en route to six for 38, and Mørk and Barnaby eased to victory. The loss also means Nixonstown Foxes have secured the grade title.

Edfield Seahawks 273 & 61-0 beat
Greater Robbham de Grooters 170 (f/o) & 162 by ten wickets.

Campsfield Braves v Gofftown Tigers @ Camps Field

Code:
Campsfield:	Gofftown:
Langdon		Courtis
Jahangir	Cribb
Hasabnis	Mohammad
McEwan		Dwyer
Gooljar		Nash
+Harvey		Jamaluddin
Jacklin		Kipling
Dunks		Swann
Das		Hartley
Jamil		+Patel
Jadeja		Masterman
From the moment Rob Cribb secured his century and the scoreboard on Camps Field read 178 for 1, the game at Camps Field had the Tigers logo all over it. Campsfield never got wickets, despite Gooljar's honest toiling - he got five for 130, but with plenty of tail-enders. Dwyer then took eight wickets for the Tigers, and despite Hasabnis' second innings 74, Campsfield lost by an innings.

Gofftown Tigers 378 beat
Campsfield Braves 106 & 185 by an innings and 87 runs

Code:
Nixonstown	35	19	15	1	0	79	274
Twybridge	35	19	12	4	0	63	259
Robbham		35	20	11	4	0	46	254
Edfield		35	18	14	3	0	62	247
Stedingham	35	18	16	1	0	46	233
Davistow	35	17	16	2	0	55	229
Gofftown	35	15	18	2	0	51	209
Campsfield	35	14	19	2	0	50	200
Pickford	35	14	20	1	0	34	165
Garven Island	35	10	23	2	0	33	143
Congratulations Nixonstown Foxes on the CW Grade title

Attachments

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it's an outrage that de Grooters can win the most and lose the least and still not win the title! :@

Congrats Nixontown though :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Pickford Panthers CC would like to announce that next year they will be playing their Under 11s instead.

We're just fortunate that people on Garven Island have two fingers and webbed feet, or else we'd really look stupid.