• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 Second Round - Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Netherlands

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah he's really not. Will prove one of our most easily deceived hayseeds against quality spin over in the West Indies, Anderson. You'll see.
I think Anderson's shown a great aptitude in playing relative orthodox spin that he doesn't have to "pick" as such; his hundred in Banglades was awesome on that front. While Bangladesh do have a decent armoury of spinners, though, there's no great mystery to the deliveries they all bowl, so the jury's still out on how well Anderson sees variations out of the hand. Would've been useful against Herath last night in any rate though.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I've said it somewhere else before but there's something to left-arm orthos who when they're on, seem to be bowling riddles that no one can decipher.

What happened to Anderson?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Most news about the Eng vs. Ned game - fair enough. But Jesus Christ Herath's bowling is probably the greatest ever T20 performance.

BeeGee

International Captain
What happened to Anderson?
One of the worst catch fails in cricketing history. Not only did he drop an easy catch, he also parried it over the boundary for six and dislocated his finger so badly he had to go to hospital and couldn't bat.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
come on england

Flights and accommodation for every wife or girlfriend of all the other England players were paid for as they were reunited for Christmas and the Melbourne Test. In another sign of managerial insensitivity, only Carberry's request that his mother be his invited guest was denied. "Apparently it's ECB policy. It's mainly for guys with their kids and when they have long-term partners or wives, and I have neither. But it would've been nice because my mum's never seen me play Test cricket. It would've been especially nice at the MCG, in front of 92,000 people, to see your son walk out. That doesn't happen too often in a lifetime. So it was disappointing."
Michael Carberry: 'I need straight answers ? cliches do not interest me' | Sport | The Guardian

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's lame but surely he just forked it out and bought her a ticket and hotel room anyway? If not, da ****?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I'd have thought Ashes tours were profitable enough for the players to bring over whoever they liked on their own coin really.

I personally don't think Carberry should've been given special treatment anyway; he isn't more deserving of the ECB paying for his mother to be there than any of the other players just because he doesn't have a partner.

End of the day, just looks like he's bitter about his axing from his random T20 axing and lack of communication in general (two gripes I'm far more sympathetic towards actually) and has thrown that in as part of his general whinge.

Spikey

I personally don't think Carberry should've been given special treatment anyway; he isn't more deserving of the ECB paying for his mother to be there than any of the other players just because he doesn't have a partner.

but then you are just giving special treatment to old ****s who are lame enough to get married. i would have thought a common sense scheme would be each player can have one adult accommodated on tour by the ECB during the xmas period, and for most it will be partners but for some of the younger guys it might be a mother/father or brother/sister.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
but then you are just giving special treatment to old ****s who are lame enough to get married. i would have thought a common sense scheme would be each player can have one adult accommodated on tour by the ECB during the xmas period, and for most it will be partners but for some of the younger guys it might be a mother/father or brother/sister.
Yeah fair enough, but what rules do you make for kids then?

Honestly reckon they should just scrap that whole system and allocate that part of the budget to player salaries; let them spend it how they like.

Spikey

Yeah fair enough, but what rules do you make for kids then?

Honestly reckon they should just scrap that whole system and allocate that part of the budget to player salaries; let them spend it how they like.
Red Rooster in the Airport supports this btw

OverratedSanity

Gotta say, not picking Herath so far was one of the most baffling selection decisions ever. The man is all class and seeing that fatty celebrate after each wicket yesterday restored a bit of faith in the cricketing gods each time.

Flem274*

123/5
I was a little annoyed we bombed out spectacularly in another "big" tournament (that I barely watched) but then I read...
Yeah I've done pretty well on the tournament so far but I've just laid down my biggest bet so far, on NZ. If they lose I'll probably barely be above even.
and Logan van Beek who isn't a certainty for Canterbury took 3/9 against England. WAG :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was a little annoyed we bombed out spectacularly in another "big" tournament (that I barely watched) but then I read...
I laid off in the innings break. Really should have greenbooked to guarantee a profit either way but I just made sure I couldn't lose.