• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Del Bosque has to take the blame. Didn't see the writing on the wall, especially for Casillas. Picking the right keeper alone would've made a huge difference.
It would have done, but I doubt it would have been enough to change the result. The way the team played on a whole was basically unrecognisable.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Pretty sure Spain will bounce back well from this. The reign had to end at some point.

Spain has arguably best youth development system in Europe - they won the Euro 21 championships in 2013
and there are a lot of good young players coming through.

Provided the next manager (Del Bosque has to go IMO) is prepared to infuse some freshness into their playing style, they'll be a serious contender for both Euro 2016 and WC 2018 IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Euros will come too soon now as they will have to rebuild, IMO. But yes they should be strong in the next WC.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I would have thought it obvious. One has been out of form for about 4 months, the other about 4 years

Oh wait

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Liverpool getting 50m for him would be one of the all time great deals had they no spent 70% of it on Andy Carroll

BeeGee

International Captain
I don't often root for Australia, but I want them to beat Spain so, so much! C'mon Straya!

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Bought Suarez in the "winter" transfer window before the sale of Torres, if my memory serves me correctly.

EDIT: Wait did they sell Torres that window too? They did, didn't they. Suppose it counts.

Last edited: