• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - Germany, Ukraine, Poland, Northern Ireland

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Ukraine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Northern Ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
ATTN: UC (and maybe Furball)

How did it come to pass that the Northern Ireland team fans are such fun people when a good proportion of Belfast boys travel to Glasgow to fight during any Old Firm?

Is there just no intersection between NT fans and club fans at all?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Would imagine most Belfast based Celtic fans would support the Republic. As for the Rangers element, they're probably looking out their bowler hats and white gloves around this time of year.

Belfast's such a funny city. I absolutely loved it but the Shankhill/Falls Road interface is one of the most hilariously stupid things I've ever seen.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Saw the NI result and was sad because I knew Uppercut would be sad.
Wasn't that bad a result to be fair. Draw tonight between the Czech Republic and Turkey, or a Turkey win by less than 4 goals and Northern Ireland qualify.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Saw the NI result and was sad because I knew Uppercut would be sad.
I get the reference, but I'd imagine he's delighted to get away with 0-1 after that performance. Still leaves their goal difference intact for one of the best 3rd place routes to the next round.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wasn't that bad a result to be fair. Draw tonight between the Czech Republic and Turkey, or a Turkey win by less than 4 goals and Northern Ireland qualify.
Ireland and Sweden will both probably finish on one point anyway

I believe Wales V NI is possible

Redbacks

International Captain
NI did much better in the 2nd half. Given how many chance Germany had early, 1-0 was a good result in the end. Quite a disciplined and coordinated side, no fuss with the refs as well which makes them even more likeable, seem to play with the same demeanour as their manager on the touchline.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The first half passing and movement from Germany was a lesson for teams struggling against tight defenses.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ATTN: UC (and maybe Furball)

How did it come to pass that the Northern Ireland team fans are such fun people when a good proportion of Belfast boys travel to Glasgow to fight during any Old Firm?

Is there just no intersection between NT fans and club fans at all?
NI fans were traditionally fairly rough, with a LOT of overlap with Rangers fans. Thinking back to the Lennon death threats etc. There's been a lot of gentrification since they started performing well, and they were never really the type to pick fights with opposing fans either anyway. Bit of a dust-up when Poland played here though, so I was surprised it didn't kick off a little more at that game.