• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - South Africa, India, Afghanistan

King Pietersen

International Captain
50 up! Greeted by huge cheers from the crowd. Loving this. Let them get to 68 or whatever they need to avoid the lowest total ever, and then bring Steyn and Morne back.

OUT OF THE GROUND. These 2 should be opening. That was a huge hit.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that is an extraordinary shot - down the pitch to Albie and smacked him onto the pavilion roof. Magnificent!

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
Boooo. Smith giving Van Der Merwe an over. Albie Morkel or Jacques Kallis would have been better options surely. They looked ok against spin in the India game. I'm tired, I want this over soon.
That`s because Graeme Smith is a gentleman. SA are winning and going through to the next round... there is no point in rubbing it in to the Afghanistan team.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Another 6. Boundary count now reads 2 fours, 4 sixes. Quality stuff. That bat sounds lovely, a real crack when he connects out of the middle.

Sir Alex

Banned
OMFGCMJG!

Out of the stadium! **** me!

And another!

And as usual Sir Ian discounting it as 'good piece of willow he's got' :yawn:

King Pietersen

International Captain
:( Ashraf gone for 23. Afghanistan still 3 runs short of over-taking Kenya and avoiding the lowest total in the history of T20i cricket.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Another 6. Awesome stroke that, moved ahead of Kenya's 67 comfortably now :D

They're now level with India's lowest total in a T20i (74) which came against Australia. Quality side tbh.

Sir Alex

Banned
That`s because Graeme Smith is a gentleman. SA are winning and going through to the next round... there is no point in rubbing it in to the Afghanistan team.
True. He could have gone for gimmicks like 9 slips etc, but showed some respect for the opposition, without compromising on hard cricket.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Only the 10th lowest score in International T20 history, beating India's 74 and Australia's 79 among others.

Well done. I'm off to bed.

King Pietersen

International Captain
80 all out. Better effort than it appeared it would be early on. They've actually surpassed India and Australia's lowest ever T20i totals in this game, and those batting performances came against inferior attacks to this one. Not a bad effort at all, just couldn't handle the pace and bounce of Steyn and Morkel early on.