• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
I don't think England will lose points..but if it did happen & Samoa lose to South Africa..would that cost England a spot in the quarter finals?
We'd still be on 3 wins, with SA 3 and WS 2, so no. In fact bonus point wise we'd be ahead or tied with SA as well, so I don't know how it's split in that case?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
nah, i doubt that they will lose points, not enough to knock them out anyway, im pretty sure it was just an accident. i think they will just cop a fine

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The report suggested the England bench defied the linesman & sent Luger onto the field.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
The report suggested the England bench defied the linesman & sent Luger onto the field.
To be honest I wasn't really watching him come on (I mean let's face it you don't expect to see a man replace nobody!), and with the greatness of the ITV coverage, we get told about 5 minutes after the replacement that it's happened - but I must say I think it's very unlikely they'd defy an official given the match situation at that point!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Talk on the news this evening was that Samoa were not making anything of it (but Australia wanted 'something to be done').

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, Clive Woodward has admitted that England were at fault.
I don't think Samoa would have really cared because they're out of the W.C now anyway...if it had been say for example France then it could have really taken England to the cleaners.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Samoa aren't out though - don't they play SA? A win there and SA are out!

As for the Aussies - what's it to do with them - they're not even going to get to play England!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Touche!

By the way, is there any truth in the rumour that the reason they sent him on was because they couldn't fathom out what the 5th Official, one BRETT BOWDEN, was trying to indicate to them? :lol:

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Josh (ooooh look at those thighs:saint: ) Lewsey......5 tries.......Yay!!!!!! :D :) :D