• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP D - India, Pakistan, Scotland

Nishant

International 12th Man
Oh so now this is going to be the pinnacle of cricketing excitement??
Uthappa bowling at the stumps???
no-one is saying this.....this game was one of the most excuiting cricket games u can get around. 2020 is an excellent form of the game...learn to love it TBH....its exciting, fun and full of tension...amazing game!!!

Nishant

International 12th Man
Yes, at 78-80mph, the pace is fine. The accuracy and late swing at times was good too, he seemed to be getting some bounce too:-O

I hope the pace can possibly progress to maybe 80-85mph since the pace he bowled today is a tad slow for ODI or Test cricket.
changed his action as well.....seems a load better IMHO....he's bowling with rhythm and purpose!!!

R_D

International Debutant
changed his action as well.....seems a load better IMHO....he's bowling with rhythm and purpose!!!
I was quite surprised by how well Pathan was fielding as well, couple of stops he made were pretty good, saved certain boundaries.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I was quite surprised by how well Pathan was fielding as well, couple of stops he made were pretty good, saved certain boundaries.
yup.....quite true...impressive TBH...hopefully he carries on this good form into the next games and preferrably after that as well!

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
so how come india end up geting the win... it isn't supposed to be tie?? india is with three points they havn't even win a match pakistan with on win and a tie have 2 points only
not fair...
Both teams are through so who cares about the points. At the start of the match, I was hoping Pakistan would try and knock out India even if it meant taking any risk that would cause them to lose the game since they were already through. So I'm not disappointed at all about them losing, only disappointed because they just didn't play positively. Afridi should have batted at 3 or 4 and a couple of good overs there for him they would have won comfortably. When it's only 20 overs per innings, it's just stupid to have your best 20twenty batsman come with 4-5 overs to go.

And bowl-out for a tie lol :laugh:, I don't know about the Indian fans, but if Pak had won, tbh I'd still consider it a tie.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent innings from Misbah-ul-Haq to keep Pakistan in with a chance, nice knock from Uthappa too. Agarkar again the weak link in the Indian bowling, when will the selectors realise this and finally drop him?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
so how come india end up geting the win... it isn't supposed to be tie?? india is with three points they havn't even win a match pakistan with on win and a tie have 2 points only
not fair...
Its fair because those were the rules the teams agreed to. It should be noted that this does not go down as a win for India. The bowl-out is purely for point allocation, or at least thats the way I understood it.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
How good was Uthappa? And his celebration when he hit the stumps in the bowl-out.

Thought Pathan was great also, huge comeback, I really like his new action.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Its fair because those were the rules the teams agreed to. It should be noted that this does not go down as a win for India. The bowl-out is purely for point allocation, or at least thats the way I understood it.
Yup, on cricinfo it is listed as a tie.

Which, to me, seems weird. What if its a tie in the final? Are you going to decide a winner by bowl out?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yup, on cricinfo it is listed as a tie.

Which, to me, seems weird. What if its a tie in the final? Are you going to decide a winner by bowl out?
Strange isn't it? I can just see the ICC management scratching their heads when the situation arrives and say "oh, we didn't think of that".

Also, just to clarify, Cricinfo aren't just going on their own not listing it as a win, the official T20 WC site is also listing it as a tie. All India won was the bowl-out.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, just to clarify, Cricinfo aren't just going on their own not listing it as a win, the official T20 WC site is also listing it as a tie. All India won was the bowl-out.
Dire, thought the bowl-out was like 'extra-time' sorta thing.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The match is listed as a tie but India get extra points for winning. In case of a final being tied the winner of a bowl out would go through though the match would officially go down as a tie. Probably how it should be TBH.

Its just part of the spectacle of this form of the game. (How can international bowlers NOT hit the stumps though geez)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The match is listed as a tie but India get extra points for winning. In case of a final being tied the winner of a bowl out would go through though the match would officially go down as a tie. Probably how it should be TBH.

Its just part of the spectacle of this form of the game. (How can international bowlers NOT hit the stumps though geez)
Again, if its a tie and not an Indian win, then what happens if the final is tied? Is there no winner?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Again, if its a tie and not an Indian win, then what happens if the final is tied? Is there no winner?
The match will be named a tie, but the winner of the bowl off will be the winner of the WC, see? :laugh:

In the records it will be a tie, but the bowl off will indicate who goes through to the next stage or who holds the cup.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator

No. The way it should be is that a tie is a tie. If they really must come up with something then why not something along the lines of extra innings in baseball?