• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - Belgium, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Sweden

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
13 June 2016
Republic of Ireland v Sweden
Stade de France, Saint-Denis

13 June 2016
Belgium v Italy
Parc Olympique Lyonnais, Lyon

17 June 2016
Italy v Sweden
Stadium Municipal, Toulouse

18 June 2016
Belgium v Republic of Ireland
Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux, Bordeaux

22 June 2016
Sweden v Belgium
Allianz Riviera, Nice

22 June 2016
Italy v Republic of Ireland
Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Lille

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I only just realised Verratti and Marchisio are out. Italy looking a lot weaker than I'd expected.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Zlatan appears to have more international goals than the entire Italy squad.

Oh well sticking by my pick, this is a crazy football season.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Very good atmosphere for Sweden vs Republic of Ireland ..great singing from the latter fans..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I really wish the commentators would stop falling over themselves to blow smoke up Zlatan's arse.

Yes, we get it, you think he's a great player. Please stop referring to him as "the Maestro" and Euro 2016 as "His tournament".

Uppercut

Can't ****ing believe he took Hoolahan off. Really happy with that performance though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A draw seems about right on the balance of play.

Not sure it suits either side especially though. Unless there's six draws it leaves both needing to beat yer Eyeties or yer Phlegms.

Uppercut

I thought we definitely would have deserve a win more than Sweden, but managed the game so poorly at 1-0 that we can't really complain about the draw.

I'm reminded of why I don't rate O'Neill, he doesn't consider attacking cohesion at all. Taking off Hoolahan meant we had to go long, but he'd already taken off Walters.

I think the structure makes draws almost useless. The third place teams to go out will probably be with two draws, possibly even with three.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A draw seems about right on the balance of play.

Not sure it suits either side especially though. Unless there's six draws it leaves both needing to beat yer Eyeties or yer Phlegms.
Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if this group was one of the two where 3rd doesn't qualify

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Italy vs Belguim, really looking forward to this game,I understand Belguim is one of the favoured sides to win this tournament .

Uppercut

Lol, Fellaini and Witsel start but no Dembele. Wilmots is such a joke of a manager.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lol, Fellaini and Witsel start but no Dembele. Wilmots is such a joke of a manager.
Dembele is up against Nainggolan to be fair, and Fellaini is generally excellent for Belgium.

Amazing to think Belgium's front 3 could all have been playing together at Chelsea if Mourinho wasn't a knob.

Uppercut

Dembele is up against Nainggolan to be fair, and Fellaini is generally excellent for Belgium.

Amazing to think Belgium's front 3 could all have been playing together at Chelsea if Mourinho wasn't a knob.
I rate Nain and Fellaini but Dembele is their best player after De Bruyne.

And why couldn't he play alongside Nain? They're both excellent defensively and Fellaini gets through a ton of defensive work from 10.