• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Heef Channels the Likely Lads (aka NZ vs. Aus replay)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Random first over from Cummins. All over the shop. Wide goes for four, slips over and nearly does his ankle and then takes the wicket of McCullum. Still, great start for NZ 79 - 2 now. The balls are still new though and the openers have failed to take off the shine, so there's plenty of danger here for the middle order.

HeathDavisSpeed

And there's Starc doing what Boult did. Full length, angled across but tight to the off stump line and Taylor chops on. Hmmm. Dangerous position for NZ - especially with Williamson having to start again after the tea break.

Howe_zat

Audio File
And there's Starc doing what Boult did. Full length, angled across but tight to the off stump line and Taylor chops on. Hmmm. Dangerous position for NZ - especially with Williamson having to start again after the tea break.
They took the tea break when Tylor got out ftr.

HeathDavisSpeed

Ah. Wow. Lovely ball to get Elliott. This is exactly what I was worried about. Not sure about Anderson versus this attack either.

HeathDavisSpeed

Ooooh. Anderson looking all at sea here. Wild swinging, failing to negotiate the bounce of Cummins off a good length. Starting to get a bit nervy here.

NZ could do with a more experienced head out there.

HeathDavisSpeed

Oh FFS. Anderson had done the hard work, had that review turned down which should have refocused him but instead holes out with only 22 runs required. I'm sure Watson got a lot of flak for his dismissal, but this was worse IMO.

HeathDavisSpeed

Ronchi got a peach there. Not much he could do about that. 13 runs required 4 wickets left. Can't lose from here, surely? Nowhere near as good a tail as Australia though. Aggh.

HeathDavisSpeed

**** a duck. What are you thinking, Vettori?

Please stick to doing your nudges and nurdles and weird shots backward of square. Don't lollipop one to mid on and expose the tail.

HeathDavisSpeed

Been some great 'highs' in this match with the ball, most notably Boult and Starc. But bloody hell there's been some lobotomised batting. Neither team will win the world cup batting like this.

HeathDavisSpeed

ARRRRGGHHHH!

I've been spoilered. :(

Damn the bastard who sent me an e-mail about the cricket. And curse my computer for having it pop in a nice summary in the bottom right. So close.

Well - that was interesting while it lasted. Nearly made it there, now to casually watch the denouement.