• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Thread

masterblaster

International Captain
Trolling? I'd call it harmless baiting to have a bit of fun, but OK. People must know that my comments are never racially or xenophobically motivated, but rather to stir the pot a bit. Completely harmless.
STFU!

Somebody who continually makes racist remarks about a country and then when gets questioned about it just says 'I'm having a bit of fun'? Doesn't work that way here, or in the real world.

If continously denigrating one country, culture and it's people is your idea of harmless fun then you're a pretty pathetic excuse for a human being and a closed minded one at that.

So far you've posted 3,222 posts in CW and all of them have been utter horse ****.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How about CW ban the troll? I don't understand the point of warning someone who has already been banned, and has made it clear he's intentionally trolling.
How about just ignore it? Although he might think it's harmless fun it's obvious he only ever tagrets Indian members because they're the ones who are more likely to react.

masterblaster

International Captain
How about just ignore it? Although he might think it's harmless fun it's obvious he only ever tagrets Indian members because they're the ones who are more likely to react.
Well if he were targetting Pakistani, English or Sri Lankan members then they would react too. It's pretty simple, and why should this great forum and it's people have to put up with trash like him?

duffer

STFU!

Somebody who continually makes racist remarks about a country and then when gets questioned about it just says 'I'm having a bit of fun'? Doesn't work that way here, or in the real world.

If continously denigrating one country, culture and it's people is your idea of harmless fun then you're a pretty pathetic excuse for a human being and a closed minded one at that.

So far you've posted 3,222 posts in CW and all of them have been utter horse ****.
Life's too short to let internet heroes get to you mate. Chill out a bit, surely you've heard bogan wankers say worse to you before this?

masterblaster

International Captain
Life's too short to let internet heroes get to you mate. Chill out a bit, surely you've heard bogan wankers say worse to you before this?
Yeah, absolutely but I've always loved this place because it was free from those types of people.

pasag

RTDAS
Trolling? I'd call it harmless baiting to have a bit of fun, but OK. People must know that my comments are never racially or xenophobically motivated, but rather to stir the pot a bit. Completely harmless.
Doesn't look too harmless to me. As I said, do it again and you're banned for good. Now, in a month, or in half a year - anymore baiting and your stay on CW will come to an abrupt end.

Anyways, enough of this, back on topic.

masterblaster

International Captain
Doesn't look too harmless to me. As I said, do it again and you're banned for good. Now, in a month, or in half a year - anymore baiting and your stay on CW will come to an abrupt end.

Anyways, enough of this, back on topic.
Thanks pasag, I'm happy with that. Now back onto the topic. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That was my point; the plucky little GB team knocked the once-mighty Indian hockey machine out in qualifying. Fist time India haven't been in the Olympic tournament in forever. :cool:
Unfortunately, the cricket-above-everything is hurting Indian sports in general. There is no funding, no equipment, no interest. Very few kids want to play hockey anymore. As you say, it's sad to see how far the mighty have fallen. Especially considering it was the only sport that you could say India were clearly the best at in the world at any point in their history.

Johnners

Should host an olympics, introduce a few indian sports/games if you want to win medals (y)

Either that, or start trying to breed sports stars like China & Yao Ming.

biased indian

International Coach
Should host an olympics, introduce a few indian sports/games if you want to win medals (y)

Either that, or start trying to breed sports stars like China & Yao Ming.
i think we are trying for hosting 2020 oylmpics @ delhi....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Unfortunately, the cricket-above-everything is hurting Indian sports in general. There is no funding, no equipment, no interest. Very few kids want to play hockey anymore. As you say, it's sad to see how far the mighty have fallen. Especially considering it was the only sport that you could say India were clearly the best at in the world at any point in their history.
Haha, the best example of that is the irony that the phrase 'Chak De India', which originated from a film about hockey, has been predominantly used as a form of support to the Indian cricket team.