• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India WC Thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Arnab Goswami still holding an passionate debate, though not flashing their hash tag. They should really stop embarrassing themselves now.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah lol the headline is "Should we be in denial after failing first big test". Seriously? People aren't stupid enough to believe this rubbish.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
In other petty news, Times Now tried to hold a provocative debate on today's loss and tried promoting #ShamedInSydney on Twitter. Instead, people made #ShameOnTimesNow the top trend in India. Sensationalism backfired.
Pah, don't care.

BTW what do people think about Jadeja? Isn't much of a bowler or batsman for outside India but fine for Indian conditions?

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
India never had the pace attack to be a serious contender outside the sub-continent. The early bowling results were overly flattering. Overall I am pretty satisfied with this performance. Winning the group and reaching the semi-final was more than I expected at the start.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni's press conference after the match was so gun.

the guy finally gets to go see his daughter.

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
My only hope before this WC was that we beat Pakistan. We did that and much more. There are holes in the team and they were going to be exposed against a quality team like Australia. Overall would say this is our 4th best WC performance and nothing to be ashamed of.

Niall

International Coach
I don't think India should be to sad, its just one of those times where they lost to a better side. This Australia side especially on their home patch are the best 50 overs team in the world. I suppose if you want to get the pitchfork out, then Rahene? Opener or nothing, Love him as a test player, but he hasn't done enough in 50 overs cricket to be persisted with so much and their is so many guys who deserve a go in the middle overs.

I would say Kohli under performing is a massive shame. Amla has been similarly mediocre, but he has always been a bilateral series bully, Kohli is much more than that, he produced two gun knocks in the t20 world cup last year and heck even his knock in the champions trophy final while not a massive one was crucial, he can do it when it matters, just not this time.:sadwalk:

Can't believe people were speculating on whether Dhoni would retire from ODI cricket though.

Think you will be bloody hard to beat next year in the t20 world cup though.:)

Just need to get that new Sri Lanka spinner banned though.:ph34r::D

Daemon

I'm just disappointed in the fact that we couldn't exceed expectations and actually make it to the finals.

It's a bit like how Irish fans would have felt losing to Pakistan imo. We had a chance to really do something special but we weren't good enough.

Idk, can't really explain it all that well.

OverratedSanity

I blame the NZ posters. Thezombie avatars were working magnificently as lucky charms. The NZers copied the idea and lo and behold we ****ing lose.

Daemon

It's my fault. Hurricane lost an avatar bet to me and as a gesture of goodwill I gave him zombie Vettori.

I'm sorry India.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Dhoni's press conference after the match was so gun.

the guy finally gets to go see his daughter.
Yeah, the people questioning his commitment need to reign themselves in.

There was this article the other day about how the limited seats available in flights during the WC have meant that Dhoni usually got business class while the most of the team flew economy. Apparently he's been giving up his seat to a fast bowler on every single flight just so they could stretch out their legs and rest. WAG.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
As far as Dhoni goes, criticism of his test captaincy is fine. When people go personal on the players, it just smacks of sensationalism more than any thing. Usually I don't even find people apart from the proper cricket fans even discussing cricketing aspects. For many for whom cricket is just a casual thing, it is understandable. However, there are always the so called cricket fans and cricket journalists who keep discussing cricket all round the year and do it pathetically. Harsha Bhogle is the most glaring ear sore in this regard.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Boria Majumdar is annoying to watch and annoying to read or listen to with his really bad voice and over emphasis on one large handed statement he comes up with. While I don't have much time for either of them, Majumdar actually has an anecdote or two at times. Bhogle is just so full of himself, he just gets on my nerves.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Boria Majumdar is annoying to watch and annoying to read or listen to with his really bad voice and over emphasis on one large handed statement he comes up with. While I don't have much time for either of them, Majumdar actually has an anecdote or two at times. Bhogle is just so full of himself, he just gets on my nerves.
Haha yeah, Bhogle is so irritating with his templatised wise ass comments. One example: "how many times you think [insert something a casual observer might say], and then it turns out [insert something that is interesting but not as unexpected as Bhogle thinks]". He gets away with all that though because of his smooth speech.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The thing is Bhogle was quite okay 15 years back. Used to ask good questions and host really top class shows like Inside Cricket back in the day. His segments with Boycott and Gavaskar were top tier. He played the role of the journalist bringing out points out of people who may not make points all by themselves.

I heard quite a few times that he was quite brilliant on Australian radio as well.

Debris

International 12th Man
The thing is Bhogle was quite okay 15 years back. Used to ask good questions and host really top class shows like Inside Cricket back in the day. His segments with Boycott and Gavaskar were top tier. He played the role of the journalist bringing out points out of people who may not make points all by themselves.

I heard quite a few times that he was quite brilliant on Australian radio as well.
I am pretty sure Channel 9 is to blame, somehow.

cnerd123

likes this
Disappointing end but a good campaign overall. Exceed expectations to make it to the semis. Lots of these guys will be around come 2019, should be able to post a decent challenge then one hopes.

And RE: Jadeja - he isn't great outside India, but it's not like we have much better. He's a gun fielder too.