• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

james anderson averages 35 with the kookaburra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flem274*

123/5
it appears i forgot pakistan/uae from this analysis. to be fair to anderson he averages 33 with the kookaburra and 23 with the duke.

tim southee averages 28 with a kookaburra and 29 with a duke

colin de grandhomme averages 31 with a kookaburra and has never used a duke

pat cummins averages 21 with a kookaburra and 19 with a duke.

i am going for a run now. i expect to see stimulating discussion undivided by nationality when i return.

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
While on that run, perhaps engage your brain and understand why making jokes about ‘all the English dying of covid’ is a pretty ****** thing to say, especially at this moment in time. 36000 people have died here ffs. You don’t even have the balls to apologise and instead made yourself look like a morally bankrupt wanker. I thought you were better than this tbh, sad to see you making comments like that.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
There is more to it than just the brand of ball - though that obviously is a big factor.

Anderson is a bowler who relies heavily on swing and although the Duke may swing more, the conditions in Australia are not as conducive to swing as other parts of the world. This is well illustrated by looking at the Test performances of another fine swing bowler - Australia's Terry Alderman. In England, where he played 12 Tests, he averaged 19.3 while his 20 Tests in Australia yielded 15 fewer wickets at an average of 29.4 . Furthermore, his other 9 Tests (played in New Zealand, Pakistan and the West Indies) yielded 19 wickets at 52.3 . Horses for courses!!

The fact remains that James Anderson has taken more wickets than any other pace bowler in the history of the game.

It's a pity that Anderson's critics can't show the same good grace as Glenn McGrath (whose record Anderson broke) when McGrath said. “If he can raise the bar to 600 wickets, that's an incredible effort. I was proud to hold it for as long as I did - for it to be beaten by somebody like Jimmy Anderson is great. I have a lot of respect for Jimmy. He's been an incredible bowler for a long time. To have played well over 140 Tests and just keep running in, day in, day out, and remain at the top of his game, I'm very proud Jimmy's got there. When it comes to the art of swing bowling, there is no-one better.”

In turn, Anderson was humble after breaking the record, acknowledging McGrath as a far superior bowler.

Anderson has achieved what he has through hard-work and dedication. He will never be regarded as good as some of the great fast bowlers but he has been (and might continue to be) very, very good.

Kirkut

International Regular
And do not consider me an Anderson fanboy, he got Tendulkar out 9 times in tests, so I like every other Indian fan have every reason to dislike him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think a lot of his soundbytes over the years have not helped his reputation with the casual cricket fans. But purely as a bowler, he is a class act. He has actually played a major role in away wins for England in Australia and India, inspite of him not being as great in those conditions as he was at home. I really don't know what else a bowler has to achieve to be regarded as great. To me, he is surely a great, perhaps just below the ATG level but a great of the game nonetheless.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks go to adders, ssc1, Kirkut and honestbhrani for adding some sanity, perspective and cricket understanding to balance the jaundiced, prejudicial views of a biased few.

Status
Not open for further replies.