• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just a thought...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Just went in this forum to find this sub-forum thing so might as well use it...

I reckon we should get non-CW XI and dev players to do the media coverage, so it can be like the real media - in a way. That way they can say stuff like 'Mr. P should not be in the side' and so forth. When liam does it he can't do that because he is in the side...the most he can do is say 'there is speculation that Mr. P will not play'

thoughts?

cbuts

International Debutant
not a bad thought, probally room for both. dont think it should be a free for all though

NikhilN

International Regular
Mr. P said:
Just went in this forum to find this sub-forum thing so might as well use it...

I reckon we should get non-CW XI and dev players to do the media coverage, so it can be like the real media - in a way. That way they can say stuff like 'Mr. P should not be in the side' and so forth. When liam does it he can't do that because he is in the side...the most he can do is say 'there is speculation that Mr. P will not play'

thoughts?
meh...its a good idea

Mr. P

Yeah its just an idea - don't mind what happens but will keep the options open for Liam:)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon it's a pretty good idea, but who'd do it?
And wouldn't they have needed to play in CW XI or the development league to have a clue what it's all about?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good luck on finding people who are interested enough to do media coverage but not to sign up for the Dev League. Good idea though.

NikhilN

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Good luck on finding people who are interested enough to do media coverage but not to sign up for the Dev League. Good idea though.
Can I do it?

PY

International Coach
I don't think that would be good idea do you?

Previous histories and all.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
he could...the thing that worries me is that he might be bitter and be biased against marc and co.

Mr. P

Yeah true Liam people probably wouldn't be that interested unless they got to sign up...

And i'd have no real problem with Nikhil doing it as long as he didn't bitch in his articles:)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ yep i think ill have to agree with neil

Liam i got james to create this sub media forum page as our Media is certainly growing and it will prevent clogging up the main page !

Thanks

KennyD

actually I was looking at this thread, and If I was allowed to create an alter ego, I wouldn't mind putting in an effort for media and whatnot. Even though there is a long off season for dev league cricket, and i dont know the schedule of CWXI, if there are some coming games, I wouldn't mind doing a media point of view.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
KennyD said:
actually I was looking at this thread, and If I was allowed to create an alter ego, I wouldn't mind putting in an effort for media and whatnot.
Go ahead, Liam's got two :)

Also I was thinking, some real players go into media when they retire, so mr P, for example, could do it(if he wanted) without having an alter ego.