• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latest Betting Odds in your country

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SA's chance of reaching the semis is barely any better than England's
Odds were before game v Bangladesh right? RSA have the better chance obviously to win the world cup then given England have to win all 3 games. Winning 5 out of 5 games to win a world cup is a huge ask.

and obviously much worse than SL's. So what the odds basically imply is that if SA make the semis they're going to be hugely more likely to win the World Cup from that point than SL or England if they make the semis. That doesn't really make sense, you'd think it would be fairly equal from there at best for SA, what with SA's ability to choke.
SL v RSA, I have said regarding the Barbados factor plus how South Africa have been a good one day side. The bookies are obviously banking on at least the second aspect.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Odds were before game v Bangladesh right? RSA have the better chance obviously to win the world cup then given England have to win all 3 games. Winning 5 out of 5 games to win a world cup is a huge ask.

SL v RSA, I have said regarding the Barbados factor plus how South Africa have been a good one day side. The bookies are obviously banking on at least the second aspect.
Not necessarily. Before the ongoing match England would have been big favourite to win against Bangladesh, say like $1.10-$1.15 or something. Then they have to beat SA and then either SA have to lose to NZ or England have to beat WI.

So you've got:

England beating Banga $1.10-$1.15
England beating SA $2.00 or so
SA losing to NZ or/and England beating WI $1.20-$1.25

The only thing left is for England to somehow get knocked out on NRR in these situations, but that's another very unlikely event, of the magnitude of losing to Banga probably before the game started today.

These events aren't enough to make England massively less likely than SA to win the World Cup, I'd have expected England to be something like $16 and SA something like $8.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
O yes I did not include the aspect that South Africa can lose both games. The bet 365 odds right now:

Bet 365 odds right now:

Australia 2.05 Bet
Sri Lanka 4.50 Bet
New Zealand 5.00 Bet
South Africa 5.50 Bet
England 15.00 Bet
West Indies 251.00 Bet
Bangladesh 501.00 Bet
Ireland 5001.00

Not sure what they were before the Bangla game but I would imagine English odds will change if this was from before the game. Not much of a betting man and wouldn't have put money on England to win the world cup at even very high odds, so no wonder some thing like 26 would also seem fair to me.. :)

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Yea, that one is more realistic, with just SA being over-rated. There's a chance (in my opinion) of somewhere between maybe 1/3 to 1/2 that SA get knocked out before the semis, compared to virtually no chance of SL, NZ and Australia being knocked out.

So if we just assume the semi-finalists are SA, NZ, SL and Australia it gives the following odds of winning the World Cup

Australia 49%
SA 30%
SL 22%
NZ 20%

Then making these add up to 100%

Australia 40%
SA 25%
SL 18%
NZ 17%

These are pretty flattering to SA in my opinion, with Australia and SL under-rated.

Dasgupta

School Boy/Girl Captain
Latest NZ tab odds:

Aus $1.35
SL $1.95
NZ $2.05
SA $2.50
Eng $8.00
WI $50
Bang $100
Ire $400

NZ v SL tomorrow morning:

NZ $1.70
SL $2.05

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
those odds for NZ/S.L are interesting. I presume its changed just recently after Malinga was ruled out but still i'd say its about 50/50 between the two teams right now.

NZ have a tough stretch of games coming up and i'll bet that the game they will really want to win is this one while they're still reasonably fresh.

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why on earth have Shane Bond and Daniel Vettori got the same odds?
if your saying this coz you think chances are that bond is way more likely to get more wickets then your wrong. them being even is pretty fair given vettori has 12 wickets to bonds 10 so far.

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Saj's odds are shortening I suspect .
dont know why. betting on saj for leading taker wud be waste of money really. especially coz england prob wont make semis. and hes only on 8 wickets so for him to hit the lead at end of super 8 he'd need a minimum of 8 wickets in englands last 2 games. and thats assuming mcgrath wont take any wickets in his games.

Last edited:

Dasgupta

School Boy/Girl Captain
Latest NZ tab odds after this mornings result:

Aus $2.15
SL $4.25
NZ $4.25
SA $4.50
Eng $18.00
WI $150

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Latest Odds from Sports Bet NSW 13/4/07

Australia $ 1.90
Sri Lanka $ 4.50
New Zealand $ 5.50
South Africa $ 5.50
England $ 23.00
West Indies $ 251.00

Scaly piscine

Sportsbet seem to really rate SA.

I fail to see what's so great about a side that got smashed by Bangladesh and were very lucky to beat Sri Lanka. They're not playing at the bouncy ground either. Like England SA aren't suited to the slow crappy pitches.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Latest Odds from Sports bet NSW 15/4/07

Australia $ 1.90
New Zealand $ 4.75
Sri Lanka $ 4.75
South Africa $ 6.50
England $ 15.00
West Indies $ 251.00

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Latest Odds from TAB Sportsbet NSW 18/4/07

Australia $ 1.85
Sri Lanka $ 4.75
New Zealand $ 5.25
South Africa $ 5.25

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Latest Odds on leading wicket taker at the World Cup and McGrath's odds have shortened extremely .

Malinga who was a very close second prior to his injury has dropped off while Murali is next closest to Mcgrath at $4.00 followed by Tait at $ 4.25 and Hogg at $8.00.

BRACKEN Nathan (Aust) 51.00
HOGG Brad (Aust) 8.00
McGRATH Glenn (Aust) 1.75
TAIT Shaun (Aust) 4.25
BOND Shane (NZ) 67.00
FRANKLIN James (NZ) 251.00
ORAM Jacob (NZ) 151.00
STYRIS Scott (NZ) 151.00
VETTORI Daniel (NZ) 34.00
HALL Andrew (SA) 101.00
LANGEVELDT Charl (SA) 126.00
NEL Andre (SA) 151.00