• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lower attendances expected in Pak matches at CT (barring Pak vs Ind)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd rather be known as that than a jingoistic bigot who cannot appreciate teams they don't share a passport label with.
What an absolute load of bollocks.

So I support 1 team and 1 team only....that makes me a jingoistic bigot? Doesnt mean i cant acknowledge the success of teams i dont support.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
My original point was about the accusation of bandwagoning when I said anyone can cheer for any team they feel like. Restricting people based on national/passport labels is bigotry.

PEWS used to cheer for Zimbabwe at one point. I cheer for Afghanistan/Bangladesh. ***** cheers for Bangladesh/Hong Kong. Tec15 cheers for South Africa. Let people cheer for who they like. Period.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My original point was about the accusation of bandwagoning when I said anyone can cheer for any team they feel like. Restricting people based on national/passport labels is bigotry.

PEWS used to cheer for Zimbabwe at one point. I cheer for Afghanistan/Bangladesh. ***** cheers for Bangladesh/Hong Kong/ India/ Afghanistan/ Anyone else to appear quirky. Tec15 cheers for no one because he's really, really sour on the world. Let people cheer for who they like. Period.
ftfy

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
For what it is worth, according to the new Wisden, 2016 domestically Warwickshire had some of the lowest attendances percentage wise. Far worse than comparable grounds, e.g. Old Trafford, Chester-Le, Headingley.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Really? I don't think I've come across many people as devoted to anything as ***** is to Bangladesh cricket.

*****' devotion to the Hong Kong T20 Blitz the only close thing that springs to mind tbh
Yeah, what an amazingly devoted Bangladesh fan whose support never wavers. Definitely not a band wagoner who abandons ship faster than the proverbial rat for team BCCI when circumstances change....:dry:

Yea don't feel too bad for me. I'm going to be lapping it all in when Ashwin is ripping England apart later this year.

AZH is the real victim here

Burgey

Don't know how Tec goes about his day constantly sucking on lemons. Should be a misery thread just for he and Beavers. If someone walked on water he'd get on here whinging that they can't swim.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Low attendance might be due to the CT being held during Ramadan. I wanted to go to some of the Pakistan matches but not going due to Ramadan.

vcs

Not allowed to think of impure thoughts when fasting. Difficult when you see Pakistan getting ****ed by everyone else.
That's gotta suck. Can't eat, can't drink, can't think impure thoughts..