• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Malinga vs Tait for T20

Who is a better T20 bowler?

• Total voters

King Pietersen

International Captain
It's sorted by economy rate. Malinga's ER in T20i's against the top sides is 7.98 leaving him off the chart. His record in T20i's really isn't as good as I thought it'd be. I prefer watching Tait bowl too, so I'd probably end up taking him ahead of Malinga. Both mighty fine bowlers in the shortest form though.

Himannv

International Coach
Malinga. He's one of the best quicks in this sort of format IMO. Loads of variations, very accurate and difficult to pick as well.

TumTum

Banned
It's strange. Tait is better on bouncy wickets and Malinga is better on flat wickets. Vice versa, Malinga gets hit a lot in bouncy wickets and Tait gets hit a lot on flat wickets.

So you can't really separate them, depends where you're playing.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It's strange. Tait is better on bouncy wickets and Malinga is better on flat wickets. Vice versa, Malinga gets hit a lot in bouncy wickets and Tait gets hit a lot on flat wickets.

So you can't really separate them, depends where you're playing.
I think it's self explanatory when you see their difference in height.

Xuhaib

International Coach
No they're not.

Some of the matches in the KFC Big Bash and IPL are far more worthwhile than the earlier T20 internationals, which were the definition of a piss-take.
Difficult to take something seriously where Yusuf pathan is considered one of the best batsman.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tait at his best is better but it is rarely seen.
Reckon his consistency is on the up, though; the number of genuinely bad games he's had in the format in the last year could probably be counted on one hand.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
The way Hussey played Malinga at death and the way SL top order played Tait says a great deal itself. That top order had Mahela, Sanath, Dilshan and Sanga.....for me i think Tait takes it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reckon his consistency is on the up, though; the number of genuinely bad games he's had in the format in the last year could probably be counted on one hand.
Reckon it has anything to do with him giving up First Class cricket? He's obviously more consistently fit and fast now, not to mention being able to focus on it a bit more.

Top_Cat

Reckon it has anything to do with him giving up First Class cricket? He's obviously more consistently fit and fast now, not to mention being able to focus on it a bit more.
heh, yeah short spells are the way to go for Tait. Which is sad because he was quite a devastating FC bowler on his day. Almost 200 wickets for SA overall and averaging < 25 on Adelaide Oval itself (slightly better than Jason Gillespie in fact) is pretty damn good. It's why if he changed his mind tomorrow, SA would throw him back in the side without any hesitation.

Last edited:

Debris

International 12th Man
I think the wickets in the West Indies really suit him too.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
heh, yeah short spells are the way to go for Tait. Which is sad because he was quite a devastating FC bowler on his day. Almost 200 wickets for SA overall and averaging < 25 on Adelaide Oval itself (slightly better than Jason Gillespie in fact) is pretty damn good. It's why if he changed his mind tomorrow, SA would throw him back in the side without any hesitation.
Not sure if this is the thread to ask this but did Tait actually give up FC cricket for the rest of his career? IIRC he said he would hold off from it or make a decision later on the matter or something along those lines anyway.

Top_Cat

Not sure if this is the thread to ask this but did Tait actually give up FC cricket for the rest of his career? IIRC he said he would hold off from it or make a decision later on the matter or something along those lines anyway.
You're probably right but he's surely due for a "We've decided to turf you to *shakes magic 8-ball* Afghanistan for *shakes magic 8-ball again* lack of runs" from the SACA selectors.