• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MOTS contenders

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Thread for MOTS contenders. With SL out, Sangakkara is probably not in contention. Who are the contenders still?

Starc
Boult
de Villiers
Dhawan

Who else? And who do you think will win it?

Last edited:

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
BMac has a good chance if he keeps getting quickfire 50+ scores and NZ can win the thing. If not, then probably Starc if he can take another few wickets

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It'll pretty much be decided by who performs in the semis and the final, and very likely will go to someone on the tournament-winning team.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
If you're talking about MOT pool games then Sanga and deVilliers would take my vote. Otherwise MOTS is too early to decide.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
Probably going to be one of AB, Shami, Boult or Starc.. one of the players from a team that reaches the final.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I don't think mass of runs or wickets should be the major factor in deciding a MOTS. For example, I rate Vettori's performances right up there with Sanga, deVilliers etc. Vettori hasn't got many wickets but he has performed well in all games. If you look at the key game between NZ and OZ, Vettori's performance was crucial. Likewise BMac has not scored a lot of runs but the way he has played has had a devastating effect on the opposition.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Starc has been unreal this WC.. Average of 8, is it? WTF? He is the leading guy for MOTS at the moment IMO, given that this has been a bat dominated tournament.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Nah, I think it should be mass of runs or wickets.

Loving how vettori is bowling but you can't argue against 16 wickets at an average of 8.5.

Antihippy

International Debutant
I do love that Australia and new zealand are both considered the favourites and yet the only batsman in the top 20 from those countries is Warner.

Meanwhile they are dominating the top wicket takers list. Though for australia it's mostly starc while it's a team effort from new zealand.

Shows how important bowling still is.

IKWT

Cricket Spectator
I do love that Australia and new zealand are both considered the favourites and yet the only batsman in the top 20 from those countries is Warner.

Meanwhile they are dominating the top wicket takers list. Though for australia it's mostly starc while it's a team effort from new zealand.

Shows how important bowling still is.
Or as in NZ's case that they've chased a number of low scores.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm pretty sure Klusener got MOTS in '99, so it doesn't necessarily have to be someone from a team that wins or makes the final - but obviously it's more likely.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'm pretty sure Klusener got MOTS in '99, so it doesn't necessarily have to be someone from a team that wins or makes the final - but obviously it's more likely.
Yeah. Remember reading in the news at that time that while the rest of the Indian squad returned home, Dravid stayed back at England just in case he was given the MotS award. Went to Klusener.