• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name conversion?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've been considering this for a while now.

Would you guys like to convert from using screen names (eg. Mr Mxyzptlk) to your real names (or an alias) in the sim (eg. Liam Camps)?

I prefer to see scorecards with actual names on it as I think it both looks better and definitely more realistic. So what do you all think? Stick with the screen names or convert to real names?

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'd get a little confused with everyone calling me my real name rather than my real name - I only really get called Daniel online when it's someone who's taken the time to get to know me. Personally, I'd rather Loony BoB, but if we have to submit our real names I guess I'd adapt. But it should definitely be an option - I think it was when I joined, not sure about the older chaps.

If we do go ahead with this, though, please can you list who is who? I still don't know who's who in my own team some of the time!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I think it is a good idea. However, it might be hard to find everyones real names and remember them when you are used to calling them something else or you are knew

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it wouldnt effect me really anyway, most people call me Simon anyway....

but i guess we could change em...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Definitely agree... would look that bit more refined, especially with a few middle initials thrown in. Not that it would affect me...

CricketWeb XI
PE Young
SJ Fitzsimmons
AM Cloete
E Moon
JRM Toogood
*BC Goff
+AP Chaulk
XA Rose
K Wright
DJ Kennett
NS Pickup

Apologies to those who have had their middle initials randomly created!

Another idea chavved from the CWXI-Channel 9 Rebel Tour, I note.

Last edited:

David

International 12th Man
Yes, I think that would be brilliant, everyone should use their real names IMHO.
BTW Neil FYI

DM Kennett

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it is a great idea.

Neil Pickup said:
Definitely agree... would look that bit more refined, especially with a few middle initials thrown in. Not that it would affect me...

CricketWeb XI
PE Young
SJ Fitzsimmons
AM Cloete
E Moon
JRM Toogood
*BC Goff
+AP Chaulk
XA Rose
K Wright
DJ Kennett
NS Pickup

Apologies to those who have had their middle initials randomly created!

Another idea chavved from the CWXI-Channel 9 Rebel Tour, I note.
I would be 'KS Wright'.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
NikhilN said:
A very good idea Liam, I like yours too Neil
what's neil's idea i seem to be missing it on my computer.. can u enlighten me?

HAHA well my name wouldn't really change. I go under the alias of Ian Markus

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well my name is David Kearlsey and my CW Black name is David Kearsley so it wont change much for me :) but yes i like the idea that every one will be the same.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah, I wouldn't mind converting to my real name to be honest. I wasn't Master Blaster on the rebel tour, so yeah, I wouldn't mind at all.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
I like Neils idea of the initials, makes it look more like a real cricket scorecard. Since i already use my real name it doesn't really bother me...

Oh and Neil love your initials :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sure, I'd like it to be changed - but only if you can force the simulator to print the "ø" in H Mørk, mind ;)

(no initials here, sadly)