• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL / NCAA Football

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Kansas City come back from a 10-point deficit yet again to win it 31-20. Their second Super Bowl comes 50 years after their first. Great story, and a great result for their incredibly popular coach, Andy Reid.

Shady Slim

International Coach
absurd news!

the question is though if he'll be the gronk that we all know as a force majeure or will he just be rob gronkowski on the wrong side of 30 coming back from a year off super rusty

Shady Slim

International Coach
absurd news!

the question is though if he'll be the gronk that we all know as a force majeure or will he just be rob gronkowski on the wrong side of 30 coming back from a year off super rusty
i will say this though

force majeure or not this certainly will put the nfcs on edge because now brady has three competent tight ends to work with, along with the best one-two WR punch in the league rn

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Do you guys think there will be yankball this fall?

i mean if there's one league who gives no ****s about the well-being of players and spectators it's the NFL, so

Shady Slim

International Coach
I think he's got a very good year or two in him still. Playing with actual receivers will help him a lot. Single coverage on Gronk is wew.
yeah as a steelers guy i’ve seen firsthand what gronk can do, and as a redzone threat he will be immense for them too

i think the division’s ours this year with ben returning

Shady Slim

International Coach
tbh i’m more afraid of baltimore’s RB room than i am of lamar, i think the way our defense is set up works pretty well to contain lamar

jackson is a unique talent but you can stop him with the right scheme and right personnel... but far too too many DCs think that if you simply hang back and let the game roll he’ll magically start throwing picks which as last season showed is simply untrue

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Lamar is a hybrid version of Russel Wilson...they can make you pay with their presence out of the pocket...and don't mind rushing for the 1st down.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i will say this though

force majeure or not this certainly will put the nfcs on edge because now brady has three competent tight ends to work with, along with the best one-two WR punch in the league rn
Bruce Arians doesn't really utilise TEs though so it'll be interesting to see how that actually works out. Howard has already been underused and Brate only got the odd bit of big usage. Throw Gronk into that mix with an old QB with less arm strength and you've got a coach that needs to make changes to the playbook.

Matteh

The Packers draft was interesting, went into it expecting to get WRs and ILBs and instead got a future franchise QB, a big brute of a RB, a receiving TE (to go with the one we drafted last year), finally a ILB, then a load of OL lottery picks, a safety who won't play and a DE who won't play.

Think we're giving some of the WR depth one last shot this year - the likes of MVS, Kumerow and St. Brown and if they still don't deliver, we'll be going big on WR next season.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Bruce Arians doesn't really utilise TEs though so it'll be interesting to see how that actually works out. Howard has already been underused and Brate only got the odd bit of big usage. Throw Gronk into that mix with an old QB with less arm strength and you've got a coach that needs to make changes to the playbook.
He's also never had a half decent one. Gronk lines up as a functional TE but was basically running WR routes his whole career. Arians will fit him in fine.

Matteh

He's also never had a half decent one. Gronk lines up as a functional TE but was basically running WR routes his whole career. Arians will fit him in fine.
Certainly true at the Cardinals, Fells & Gresham weren't exactly wow.

Brate is pretty solid as a receiving TE with a couple of 500 yard+ seasons and Howard's 2018 showed he is more than capable receiving TE too. Both Brate and Howard had TD regression last season under Arians which shows TEs don't really feature as much in the redzone under his offence. But then Bucs took the 5th year option on Howard today, however they were apparently looking to trade him before.

I can fully see how/why they'd try and max out the Brady/Gronk connection in 2020 but it'll still be interesting to see the coaching shift.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
College football season cancelled then.

And the screaming and whining on Twitter is already reaching high levels of lols