• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nixontown Ninjas

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
A narrow loss then a large loss. Batting is a bit poor, and unfortunately we're not overrun with batsmen so unfortunately James misses out for Ramprakash, as we can only have 2 overseas players at once.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
West Robham Rabid Wolves captain, Kev Gough, presents the Ninjas with a commemorative pennant after their game.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Excellent start with the ball, shame about the batting though, but we got there and that's what matters :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ah man another loss, we'll get better I reckon.

Pretty devo that I took 30 balls to score just 22.

NZTailender

Season not going as to expected tbh. Can blame me for not picking up enough batsmen in the international draft as we have about 5000 bowlers.

Batting is really letting us down, though the bowlers outside of Amir since our first game haven't been flash either.

The fact I'm the second highest run scorer for the Ninjas behind Chaulk is a sad indication of where we're at itbt.

But I am confident. I'm going to tinker with the line up to see if we can get back on track.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Skip maybe we need a better opening partner for Chaulk?

I'm not helping up front enough and might need to be pushed down if I can still make it in the 11 that is.

NZTailender

Skip maybe we need a better opening partner for Chaulk?

I'm not helping up front enough and might need to be pushed down if I can still make it in the 11 that is.
Actually named a changed XI before you posted itbt, with Fuller opening and you down the middle order.

And you're pretty much guaranteed to play every match as we have few batsmen.

NZTailender

It clearly hasn't been the greatest T20 Cup campaign for the Ninjas. Hopefully we can grab a win in the final round. Everyone getting a chance this round really.

Though we have only won one much thus far, I have enjoyed it - playing alongside some new faces and different seniors was a good change of pace. Hopefully if there is the same set up next season, we will have the same squad because I've enjoyed playing alongside everyone tbh.

NZTailender

Disappointing to not get a consolation win, but I've personally learnt a bit from this tournament so hopefully next time around we can be more competetive.

I'd like to name Ash Chaulk and Muhammed Amir as joint Ninja's "Best Player(s) of the Cup". Chaulk was pretty much all alone in the batting stakes, while Amir lead the attack like a pro despite being a relative newbie to Dev League Cricket - a real find there.

Congrats guys and thanks everyone :)