• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Offical** Commentary complaints thread

Howe_zat

Audio File
'Michael Vaughan Ex-England captain on TMS

I can only see England gaining more and more confidence. It will only come down to what semi-final venue do they play at.'

Eat a sackful of dicks you arrogant fairweather self-satisfied gob****e moron

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ganguly, Sanga, Nasser, Wright all pretty good so far

Kallis was a bit boring

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Watching the Ind vs Ban warmup game the other day and Sanjay Mandrekar brought up the stat that Dhoni only gets out every 180 balls playing a defensive shot.

I mean I guess that might be impressive, but I thought the whole idea of playing a defensive shot was that you didn't get out? So not getting out more consistently is probably what should be expected.

anil1405

International Captain
As Dhawan tries to play a cut shot early on in his innings against Bangladesh in the warm up game,

Manjrekar - "That shot doesn't work here. You need to control that."
Me in my mind - "Yeah B****. Wish you could control the filthy **** that comes out of your mouth every time."

ImpatientLime

International Regular
charles colville talking about how archer reminds him of chris lewis with his athleticism

old white men prioritising the black athletes athleticism as his number one attribute drips of casual racism

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I like Sanga alot but he talks far too much. Hopefully it's just first day excitement and he'll settle down

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
charles colville talking about how archer reminds him of chris lewis with his athleticism

old white men prioritising the black athletes athleticism as his number one attribute drips of casual racism
Equally bad is the big bash commentators who never stop referring to how 'cool' he is, with his big chain and all. They don't shut up about his coolness ie blackness

Burgey

Nasser Hussain was ****ing terrible in that game last night. Jingoistic and partisan AF. As bad as I've heard from him. I usually don't mind his understated sort of schtick.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

dude bowls 145kph without even following through properly. I know the athlete thing is a race cliche but it's definitely true for him.

Daemon

is that Kumar commentating?

wow he is ****ing awful

cliche ridden nonsense
Nasser Hussain was ****ing terrible in that game last night. Jingoistic and partisan AF. As bad as I've heard from him. I usually don't mind his understated sort of schtick.
It was just the catch by Stokes. He was otherwise alright.

Dunno what you guys seem to expect from commentators but it's impossible to provide super insightful analysis for the entire game, there's gonna be some cliches in there to fill in the silence.

At least they all made attempts to pronounce Phehlukwayo right lel

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mark Ramprakash called Evin Lewis "Elvin Lewis" half a dozen times even though the graphics on screen showed his name and the other commentators were pronouncing it correctly. Also called Chris Gayle "Chris Lewis"

Burgey

It was just the catch by Stokes. He was otherwise alright.

Dunno what you guys seem to expect from commentators but it's impossible to provide super insightful analysis for the entire game, there's gonna be some cliches in there to fill in the silence.

At least they all made attempts to pronounce Phehlukwayo right lel
It’s literally called the commentary complaints thread ffs