• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

PY

International Coach
Brilliant Australia.

Well done to them. Feel a bit sorry for KP though, he must be gutted.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
I've a feeling the Ashes could be changing hands here. Obviously I hope not, but I fear it could be a repeat of last tour.
Second post of the thread. Fair effort from Richards.

Legendgeraint

Cricket Spectator
PY said:
Brilliant Australia.

Well done to them. Feel a bit sorry for KP though, he must be gutted.
KP is brilliant. I was ****ing embarrassed by my hero though, and am now disillusioned. Geraint was not a legend! And I have been worshiping him as my all time great.What a way to get out. Dozy ****. Warne shouted "you can't play that ****ing shot" when he tried to sweep him, so the chump did it again. Never mind, I'm sure Unky Dunky will shoehorn him back in to the team for the boxing day test.

Craig

World Traveller
Wow what a collaspe by England in the end when Flintoff and KP were starting to go.

He hasn't been around for a few days but perhaps TEC is in Australia waiting with a cricket bat to knock some brains into Geriant Jones.

I don't know even if Monty had of played in Brisbane whether or not it would have made a big difference. It just shows that you can't have one good innings with the either the bat or the ball or both and not bother in the rest of the match.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well done Australia (you bunch of ****** *****). No arguments or excuses here really, believe it or not.

I'm praying we win the last two tests though, coz otherwise Fuller gets to dictate my signature. I'm already resigned to having Hussey as my avatar as my month, unless Bell scores a couple of double tons or whatever!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well, that does it. Congrats Australia, you made us look like Bangladesh. How we ever won last year I'll never know. You guys were just so much better than us in every department it was unreal.

Having said that, how good is Pietersen? Must hate the fact that no-one else is good enough to keep him company for five minutes.

valvolux

Cricket Spectator
dontcloseyoureyes said:
KP's the new Lara.
KP sure is a jet...wish his mum was aussie. I'm not sure what the world's bowlers are going to do to contain him, but i'm tipping it's going to take longer to sort this guy out than it took for people to sort Gilchrist out.

What was he doing at the end though????? Why was he refusing singles in the first innings for the last 4 wickets or so, then takes everything on offer in the second innings? Surely not playing for his average? I'm a little peeved that he didn't at least give me another hour of slogging to cap off an awesome test match. At least I have some fine sun burn to show for my efforts.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
They had one for the Iraq war, and they had one for Dr Kellys death. A dossier is needed for this, a public enquiry. There will be no chance of ***ing this one up, though.

howardj

International Coach
Tomm NCCC said:
They had one for the Iraq war, and they had one for Dr Kellys death. A dossier is needed for this, a public enquiry. There will be no chance of ***ing this one up, though.
Mate, this was such a debacle it calls for a full-blown Survey Group.

Maybe call in James Baker too.

Steulen

International Regular
howardj said:
Mate, this was such a debacle it calls for a full-blown Survey Group.

Maybe call in James Baker too.
I can picture that.

James Baker: "To ever obtain the desired result, it is imperative that the Allies seek the co-operation of the nations closest to Australia, in this case New Zealand and Papua New Guinea".

ECB: "You mean we should retain Geraint Jones in the team? WTF?".

Matt79

Global Moderator
Steulen said:
I can picture that.

James Baker: "To ever obtain the desired result, it is imperative that the Allies seek the co-operation of the nations closest to Australia, in this case New Zealand and Papua New Guinea".

ECB: "You mean we should retain Geraint Jones in the team? WTF?".
Quality! :laugh: :laugh:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Key difference between the two sides is clearly that Australia have generally been able to hit two 300+ scores in a match whilst England have been hitting one half decent score and one utterly dire score a match.