• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Commentary Complaints Thread***

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm just sad your eyebrows are further away from my face than I would consider natural smitteh.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The American comms were like a broken record on the Muslera mistake and the ball knuckling.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not that big a claim imo. It's not like he said he was as good a player etc.
Yeah it sounds like a big claim when you hear it, but when you think about it it’s not at all.

Still a pathetic attempt to shoehorn 1966 in though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not commentary as such, but I recently came across a copy of the Mail the day after the England/Belgium game. It was almost a parody of what a daily Mail article should look like. The journalist, one Martin Samuels, pictured with arms crossed looking stern and judgemental. Banner headline 'Are you SURE this was a good idea Southgate?' Just pages of stuff where the journalist clearly knows more than our manager. Maybe there's been an apology since then.

Uppercut

Comms teams that are as ignorant about concussion as the BBC one tonight need fired. Genuine public safety threat.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I think I've preferred ITV's. The Beeb's is too tired, too safe and apologetic, too Match of the Dayish, too staffed by '90s-00s England flops - even Klinsman, the token foreigner, is a reminder of Italia '90/Euro 1996. ITV's is a little more unpredictable with insane types like Keane and Billic appearing, and hearing Ally McCoist discuss the Bolshevik Revolution is rather amusing. What is going on with Billic's hair? Looks like it has been sprayed on.

Uppercut

I think I've preferred ITV's. The Beeb's is too tired, too safe and apologetic, too Match of the Dayish, too staffed by '90s-00s England flops - even Klinsman, the token foreigner, is a reminder of Italia '90/Euro 1996. ITV's is a little more unpredictable with insane types like Keane and Billic appearing, and hearing Ally McCoist discuss the Bolshevik Revolution is rather amusing. What is going on with Billic's hair? Looks like it has been sprayed on.
Yeah I think you’re right. Must be the first one where I’ve preferred ITV.

Burgey

We’ve been fortunate here to have Tyler calling pretty much all the big games. Terrific as always and rarely gets partisan when England are playing.

Fair effort for a bloke who’s older than water.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
We’ve been fortunate here to have Tyler calling pretty much all the big games. Terrific as always and rarely gets partisan when England are playing.

Fair effort for a bloke who’s older than water.
Only a few years younger than Rabs and still able to tell players with wildly different characteristics apart. Miracle.