• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** County Cricket 2020

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
As Bijed points out, not even that bothered, our batting being dire, apart from Hildy, is generally helped by lower-order runs and our bowling, might be an idea to have a top-order that wasn't **** though, but ho-hum.
I just feel bad that Bijed's allegiance had slipped through my radar all these years.

I think a few of us are quietly shrugging our shoulders at the state of our sides in the Bob Willis tournament. I'm afraid I don't know enough about Somerset to say much. I'd probably assumed that your batting was OK after you finished second the other year, but I didn't really have a clue.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just feel bad that Bijed's allegiance had slipped through my radar all these years.

I think a few of us are quietly shrugging our shoulders at the state of our sides in the Bob Willis tournament. I'm afraid I don't know enough about Somerset to say much. I'd probably assumed that your batting was OK after you finished second the other year, but I didn't really have a clue.
It's pretty fragile, Abell is okay, Hildy brilliant but openers are a problem, but yeah 70-odd for 4 or 5 isn't that rare. We have lusty hitters down the order, who often come off though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
As Bijed points out, not even that bothered, our batting being dire, apart from Hildy, is generally helped by lower-order runs and our bowling, might be an idea to have a top-order that wasn't **** though, but ho-hum.
Fair call. Northants 67ao in response to 166.

grecian

Cool scorecard from the Northants Innings, the Paul Gallagher of the Curran family scoring more than double of their innings.

Jack Brooks being our best batsman not something I saw coming though.

Starfighter

What's up in the Northamptonshire vs Somerset game? Pitch looked like it might have been tacky but no exaggerated sideways movement. A lot of bad looking shots. Simply a hard surface to play on and the bowling being stronger than the batting?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Kent don't seem short on batsman right now.

Denly, Crawley and Kuhn not even playing this round.
Cox didn't look anything special with the england u19s but seems to have improved considerably over the winter. This sussex attack without Ollie Robinson isn't much to look at but still impressive knock by Cox.
Ollie Robinson (the kent one) looks a real decent wk batsman prospect. Was with the lions this winter.
Billings wants to push for a test spot too.
That's without even mentioning DBD and Leaning whom at one point or another were deemed england prospects.

theegyptian

Early going but Somerset and Essex look the teams to beat in the championship. Every point vital at the top of the three tables with the way the competition plays out.

theegyptian

Moores is a fun cricketer. Great bat speed, even if sometimes he doesn't get the cleanest of connections. A couple of reverse slog sweeps for six today. Doesn't have the best of numbers to this point.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Somerset i believe are favourites for this trophy. Look impressive and have a fair amount of depth in their squad too

tony p

First Class Debutant
oof some innings by jordan cox
Yes, county record 423* partnership with Jack Leaning, against a somewhat weak Sussex bowling side. 530-1 after 120 overs.
You still have to get them, and they dropped Leaning early this morning

Without the compulsory closure after 120 overs in this competition, who knows what the partnership may have been.