• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** County Cricket 2020

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Harmer seems to have backtracked on the idea of trying to qualify for England. Good.

Seriously it is absolutely farcical that it was even a point of discussion, Olivier too. The idea that some established FC/occasional international level cricketer can move countries solely for cricketing reasons and seek to qualify for their new nation is one that is mindbogglingly dire

On a seperate but not entirely unrelated note, some teams are having their depth tested seriously with the vast majority of foreign players absent. Big oppurtunity for a lot of fringe players with both bat and ball. Many will fail, some will thrive

Last edited:

chris.hinton

International Captain
Tables of the Bob Willis Trophy after 2 games

Central

Somerset 40
Worcestershire 37
Glouestershire 23
Warwickshire 18
Glamorgan 15
Northamptonshire 13

North

Derbyshire 44
Yorkshire 40
Lancashire 26
Leicestershire 25
Nottinghamshire 13
Durham 6

South

Essex 42
Kent 31
Middlesex 26
Hampshire 24
Sussex 22
Surrey 6

As it stands its an Essex vs Derbyshire final (Somerset miss out) still 3 matches to go

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Tables of the Bob Willis Trophy after 2 games

Central

Somerset 40
Worcestershire 37
Glouestershire 23
Warwickshire 18
Glamorgan 15
Northamptonshire 13

North

Derbyshire 44
Yorkshire 40
Lancashire 26
Leicestershire 25
Nottinghamshire 13
Durham 6

South

Essex 42
Kent 31
Middlesex 26
Hampshire 24
Sussex 22
Surrey 6

As it stands its an Essex vs Derbyshire final (Somerset miss out) still 3 matches to go
Your boys look well placed in the central group. Great for Derbyshire too, although I don't know who they've played.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Fixtures (15th-18th)

North

Lancashire vs Nottinghamshire
Leicestershire vs Durham
Yorkshire vs Derbyshire

Central

Northants vs Worcestershire
Warwick vs Somerset
Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire

South

Hampshire vs Surrey
Kent vs Middlesex
Sussex vs Essex

Woodster

International Captain
Not looking so good now; six gone, all of them to Harmer. He qualifies for England before too long, doesn't he?
Think his chances of qualifying for England may have all but disappeared now Kolpaks are soon to be a thing of the past.

I think he’s a massively improved spin bowler, from the one that played Test cricket five years ago. In fairness he didn’t do too bad then he still picked up 10 wickets at 25 against India who are more than capable of destroying spinners that are not Test standard.

You can have all the reservations you like about the standard of county cricket, what he has done for Essex since arriving is nothing short of incredible. It’s not just the stats, which are breathtaking in themselves, it’s operating at ridiculously high levels under the pressure of being the man that has to win Essex the game and constantly delivering. Marathon spells combined with some very handy runs down the order and a wonderful pair of hands in slips, he‘d be a certainty for the England side if he was eligible, as I’m sure he would with SA, politics aside.

He is assisted by a Chelmsford track that absolutely plays to his strengths, but how many times do you see spinners crumble when the spotlight is on them to win the game for their side on the fourth day with the ball going square, he delivers time and again.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Not as good as Leach tbf

(FWIW in matches where both played, Harmer has 20 @ 23.05; Leach has 22 @ 17.09 - and you'd say the Essex batting line-up is stronger)

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Not as good as Leach tbf

(FWIW in matches where both played, Harmer has 20 @ 23.05; Leach has 22 @ 17.09 - and you'd say the Essex batting line-up is stronger)
I mean it’s all subjective and there may be a hint of bias in my preference for Harmer but I just don’t see Leach winning games for Somerset on anywhere near as regular basis as Harmer does for Essex, which has culminated in Championship titles for two of the last three years.
If you compare their respective county records - Harmer has 237 wickets at 19.66 as opposed to Leach’s 222 at 23.61, so not a great deal between them and lots of different factors involved. Harmer has taken more 10 wickets in the match and five in an innings and on paper is the superior bowler but it is about preference.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Derbyshire actually look like a semi decent side to me. Du Plooy is a gun, he's surrounded by solid county professionals such as Reece, Godleman and Madsen, and a few of their younger bowlers look to have a bit about them

I like seeing one of the less prominent counties punch above their weight

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Still no Moeen for Worcestershire. The rest of the england odi players and odi bubble back playing for their counties as far as I can tell. Bit strange.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Middlesex have one of the weakest batting line ups in the country, bailed out by our bowlers or all rounders nearly every game. I like to see the local youngsters get their chance but none of them seem to be any good!

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Overtons having a great time this season.

Would have loved to been able to watch some cricket at Edgbaston over the last few days. Hoping maybe to get in before the end of the season.