• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He made his long-awaited debut this afternoon and ran a remarkably bold second over 1200 metres! He's already earned almost 20% of his purchase price back, so that's a great start. Might have a bit of fun with this guy.
Has his second start on Sunday at Wairoa. Trainer reckons he's a strong chance.

_Ed_

Third this time. A little disappointing I guess, but there was still a lot to like about his last 100m or so.

_Ed_

Without wanting to turn this thread into an endless stream of updates on my horse, he won his first race today! Absolutely stoked. Even when it's just a midweek maiden race, it's an amazing feeling.

_Ed_

Thanks!

Meanwhile, the Grand National's been called off. I've never really liked jumps racing, but **** that's a massive blow for British racing.

flibbertyjibber

Na, not as bad as losing Cheltenham would have been. losing the once a year mug punters is a blow but the industry generates way more over Cheltenham week.

SeamUp

International Coach
Without wanting to turn this thread into an endless stream of updates on my horse, he won his first race today! Absolutely stoked. Even when it's just a midweek maiden race, it's an amazing feeling.
Great news mate. Got into horse racing due to my dad and it is so rewarding if you get a winner. We lucky to have had a Group One win.

We also breed. We've had such bad luck with deaths the last few years so hoping for better luck. Got a couple of babies who should come out in the next couple of months. Always exciting.

_Ed_

Great news mate. Got into horse racing due to my dad and it is so rewarding if you get a winner. We lucky to have had a Group One win.
That's fantastic! What was the Group One?

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
That's fantastic! What was the Group One?
All is Secret (who we bred) won the Allan Robertson/Mercury Sprint/Thekwini and then we bred here daughter The Secret is Out who also won the Allan Robertson at Scottsville.

This was All is Secret (mare) winning the Mercury Sprint beating What a winter and Jackson who went on to become stallions.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Great wins - must have been an amazing thrill! Hopefully the babies coming through can provide even more of that excitement.

Now they've announced the Kentucky Derby has moved to September. It's only the second time in its 146-year history that it won't be on the first Saturday in May.

SeamUp

International Coach
Great wins - must have been an amazing thrill! Hopefully the babies coming through can provide even more of that excitement.

Now they've announced the Kentucky Derby has moved to September. It's only the second time in its 146-year history that it won't be on the first Saturday in May.
Unbelievable what is happening. Good news they still in for the Triple Crown in their fall then.

I see British racing stops today till end of April. In SA, only the absolutely necessaries will be able to attend racing from Thursday. What is the situation in New Zealand ?

_Ed_

We had no restrictions at all up to this week, but it'll be only essential personnel from now on. It's lucky timing for us, at least in the thoroughbred code - we've had our Derby and Oaks within the last three weeks, and now there are only two Group One races left in the season. But it's hard for Sydney, where they usually have massive crowds at this time of year.

It does mean I can't go down and watch my horse in his next start on Wednesday next week, but hopefully there'll be more chances next season. If I'm lucky, he might even be good enough to run on Saturdays.

They've also raised all riding weights by 2kg for jockeys' health - I really like that step, and it should probably remain in place even after we get through this.

_Ed_

Golden Slipper day today - five Group One races, and probably my favourite day on the Australian racing calendar. I was lucky enough to make the trip over last year to see it live, in an amazing crowd of more than 25,000. It's going to be weird watching it on TV with empty stands today.

_Ed_

How amazing is this photo of Cardigan Bay at Addington?

Been years since I last saw it, but it randomly popped up on my Twitter feed today.

_Ed_

God, yeah. And how about this monstrosity at Ellerslie? Perhaps fittingly, with a photo of Bonecrusher.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Our syndicate picked up its 11th win for the season on Saturday. Saturday's win was the first for this young trotter, but she smashed them and will win a fair few more.